Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Trust me

Gray arrived at home. He scanned the house as he saw nothing. He frowned. Then, he heard Xander's voice. It made him sighed in relief. He actually thought they both ran away from him. He followed his son's voice until he was on the dining room. Juvia is feeding Xander with mashed potatoes. Xander is giggling while he eats.

"Okay. Another one, baby." Juvia said as she lift the spoon in the air, like it was an airplane. "Here comes the plane, baby."

Xander giggles then he eats the mashed potato when the spoon landed on his mouth. Gray laughs and Juvia catches his attention. Gray stopped laughing when Juvia stared at him. She's not smiling anymore. She seems cold and she doesn't like it.

"I'm home." He said as he went over to Xander and kissed his son. "How are you today?" He asked Xander. The kid babbled something Gray couldn't understand. He smiled anyway.

"Have you eaten dinner?" Juvia asked, still wearing her poker face.

"Not yet." He answered. Then, Juvia stood up to get a plate for him. He sighed and followed Juvia on the kitchen.

Once they were in the kitchen, Gray hugged Juvia from behind. It was a small gesture but Juvia was stoned in her position. She tried not to shiver but failed.

"Gray..." Juvia said softly.

"I'm sorry about earlier, Juvia." Gray whispered in her ear. Then, he buried his face on her nape. He smelled Juvia.

"I just want you to understand me." Juvia sighed and then she pushed Gray, unwillingly. It feels nice to feel Gray's warmth but Juvia is still upset with him.

Gray sighed and went back to the dining table where they left their son. Xander was already messing up with his mashed potato and he had this wide grin on his face. Somehow, their kid is making the atmosphere light for the both of them. Gray silently eats his dinner. He glanced at Juvia every minute to see her face. To see if she's still upset and she's still upset.

After they eat dinner, Gray went with Xander in the living room to watch TV. He's already changed his clothes. They watched Xander's favorite cartoon show. Still, there is no conversation between Juvia and Gray. He tried to talk to Juvia. He held her hand while they were watching TV. But Juvia is pulling her hand away from him.

When it was time for Xander to sleep, he volunteered on changing Xander's pajamas. Since, he got nothing to do with Juvia's treatment towards him. He washed up Xander then played with him while bathing. Xander splashed water on him again. He flinched with the water but laughed at his son.

"You're really good at that, huh?" He said then he tickled Xander. Xander's screams and laughs echoed the bathroom.

"What's happening?" Juvia suddenly appeared on the bathroom door. The giggles and laughs have decreased. Xander and Gray looked at Juvia, who's currently frowning at them.

"Momma!" Xander stood up and clapped his hands, splashing some water on his mother. Juvia squealed and guarded her face with her hands, but failed. She was already wet.

Gray laughed. "Our son is quite playful isn't he?"

Juvia glanced at Gray, whose shorts and shirt are already damped with water. Juvia shook her head and smiled. "Yes, he is."

Gray felt relieved with her smile. He was glad that Xander was there to light things up for them. The kid is really a good charm for him. After bathing Xander, which took splashing of water, he dried Xander and changed him into his blue, rubber duckie-designed pajamas. Then Gray tucked Xander in his bed. Luckily, Xander got tired from playing with him so he fell asleep easily after a few minutes.  He smiled and kissed his son after going to their room.