Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Nothing

Her palms are sweaty. She can sense her sweat running down her temple. She’s fidgeting her hands. She is restless. She thought last night was the last time he will see him. But as she saw him seating there in the conference room, it will not be the last time.

He is my boss.

She cursed inside her head. What the hell is this? Why are we meeting again? She thought. She panicked inside. Last night would be the last time for them to see each other again. Last night didn’t go well between the two of them. Now, they had to meet again? Right. It sucks.

“This is Mr. Fullbuster. He’s one of the major stockholders in the company.” The president of the company announced to them. There were 5 people in the room including the president. They were going to present their proposal for the next advertisement that was given to them. She didn’t expect him to be there.

“And he is here to see how things are going here. So basically, you need to report your presentation to us and of course, to him.”

Juvia’s eyes widened. She didn’t want this. She suddenly wants to walk out of the room. She suddenly wants to resign. But that would not be applicable. She’ll be sued in breaching the contract she already signed. And she needs a job. For her son.

Shit. She cursed. She remembered her son, Xander. What if the two would accidentally meet now she is closer to Gray now? Panic had rushed to her mind. No, this can’t be. It can’t be.

“Juvia, are you alright?” Klare said beside her. “We need to present this now.”

“Ah! Y-Yes of course.” She said and immediately scanned the laptop and prepares the presentation.

She knew he was staring at her. She could feel someone staring beside her. It’s not hard to notice it because it’s really obvious. Juvia’s hands are shaking. She can’t really concentrate with him around. And he’s wearing suit and tie that was so nice to him. No, it’s too nice him. Nice isn’t even the word to describe to it. He’s hot. Smoking hot.

She shook her head with her thoughts. Get your shit together, Juvia. She focused herself on the laptop and start clicking the presentation. Mike, his other teammate in the group, talked as she is panicking with the presentation.

“I think you’re not ready to present your work.” Gray interrupted.

“No, sir. We are ready.” Klare nervously said.

Juvia looked at Gray. He arched an eyebrow at her when she glanced. Then, she shivered when he saw him smirk.

“I think you’re not. Your other teammate seems to be unfocus here.” He said, staring at Juvia. Everyone in the room looked at Juvia.

Juvia looked down and felt embarrassed. She was really nervous in presenting their proposal but what makes her more nervous is the fact that Gray is inside the room. With her again, as a boss. She didn’t expect this kind of treatment because they were friends. Right? We’re friends? Juvia thought and sighed. We aren’t really friends at all.

Then she spoke softly but determined. “We’re ready to present this, Sir. We’ve been working on it for a month now.” She inhaled then exhaled. “It’s just a rough morning. I’m sorry for this attitude, sir.”

He looked at her blankly. For all these years, she can’t really tame her heart when looking at Gray. And she can’t always read her cold stare at her. What do they mean? Or does those eyes really wanted to look at her eyes?