Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Plans

They have been preparing for the day they will tell Ur and their friends about their son. It was harder than they usually think. It has been weeks since they started planning it. They are going to tell Ur first then to their friends. And that day is today. Gray invited Ur, Ultear with her daughter Meredy and Lyon to come to Juvia's house by lunch.

Juvia prepared lots of dishes. There's fish, roasted beef, vegetables and even cake. She had cooked a lot. Gray sighed as he watched Juvia, restlessly preparing the plates on the dining table.

"Juvia, it's just them. You don't need to prepare a lot." He said while he carries Xander on his arms.

Juvia didn't stop and continued to prepare the plates, spoons and forks. She went to the kitchen to get vegetables and the fish. Gray shook his head and sighed.

"Baby, can I put you down for a sec? Your Momma is driving me crazy right now." He said to Xander. Xander just smiled. He smiled too and he put him down. Xander ran from the dining room to the living room. Probably, he will play again with his toys.

Gray went to the kitchen. And there he saw Juvia, pouring the vegetables on the big plate. He can see nervousness in her actions. He shook his head again. He walked towards Juvia and he hugged her on her back.

Juvia stopped what she's doing. She sighed. Then, she smiled. "I'm nervous, you know."

Gray grinned and kissed Juvia's ear. "You don't have to. It's just them." He whispered.

"But I left you. They may be mad at me." She said, anxiously.

Gray turned her around so their eyes can meet. He stared at her. He doesn't know that Juvia had these thoughts. For Gray, being with Juvia made him happy, made him feel like he really had a family, aside from what he already has.

"Juvia, they aren't thinking that way." Gray said. It was true though.  Ur was in favor of Juvia. She likes Juvia for Gray and the news of them breaking up years ago made her sad. But she's not upset with Juvia.

"Are you sure?" Juvia asked.

Gray grinned and moved closer to Juvia so he could kiss her nose. "I'm truly sure."

Juvia felt relieve and smiled. Gray looked at her in the eyes. It still feels like a dream for Juvia. After all the hardships that she and Gray had been through, it's like this is their happy beginning. Of course, they have to meet Ur with their son. Gray moved closer to Juvia so he could kiss her. And Juvia willingly closed her eyes. They were about to kiss until they hear someone clearing a throat.

They looked at the direction of the voice. Both are shocked with whom they saw. It wasn't Juana.

"Ur." Gray said as she saw her mother glaring at her. And she's also carrying Xander. Gray is stunned. He gulped his own saliva; the drive of kissing Juvia was gone. Juvia had the same feelings too. Her nervousness came back.

"You kids have got lots of explaining to do!" Ur said in a stern voice.

"Ur..." Gray started explaining but was stopped by Ur. She signaled her hand in the air.

"I may not know your face when you were at this age," she pointed at Xander, who surprisingly isn't crying. "but I know very well that he really looks like you."

"Well," Gray said but he was stopped again.

Ur nodded. "I get it. It's your son." She smiled and looked at Xander, who's curiously looking at her. "He had Juvia's eyes, I see. Hi baby boy! I'm your grandma, but don't you dare call me that."