A Last Minute Entry

Sugar Rush, driving towards Diet Cola Mountain- (Present Day)

(Y/N)-

My hair sways in the rushing breeze from Vanellope driving her kart as we ride towards Diet Cola Mountain. Normally, I would be intent on watching the scenery before me pass by, but that was not the case this time.

In the past few minutes of this ride, Felix and Ralph had been filling me in on exactly what it was that brought them here. Of course, I already knew pretty much everything that happened in between the whole "cupcake monster rampage" and Ralph wrecking Vanellope's kart. What it was I didn't know was how it started with Ralph having a fit at their game's 30th Anniversary (to which I congratulated them for being around that long), Ralph ran off to Tapper's, to where he met a soldier from a game called Hero's Duty, Ralph himself went to the game, and got the medal he later lost to Vanellope after crashing a ship somewhere in Sugar Rush.

"Ooh, so that was what Vanellope was referring to about Ralph crashing a space ship!", I laughed, having known the context behind earlier's sentiment. Ralph merely rolled his eyes, as Vanellope also giggled.

"Yep, that was just part of today's events that had me so worried. You know, it's just the sort of spiral having a fellow character 'go Turbo' can send you through", Felix states, not taking light of the situation.

"'Go Turbo'? Is that some sort of slang term?", I questioned the carpenter.

"Oh, ur... I'm sorry, but hasn't Sugar Rush been plugged in for around 15 years? Surely, you all should know of the infamous story of Turbo by now", Felix nervously inquired, scratching his head.

"We do, but (Y/N) hasn't really been around to hear of it!", Vanellope quipped back to Felix. The dirty-blonde man turned back to me with a baffled look.

"...Yeah, that'd take quite a bit of explaining on my part..", I awkwardly mumble.

"Well, I suppose I can tell you the story, but I'll try to keep it brief. This is going to be the second time I tell this story today", Felix nods, as he begins to clear his throat.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It took maybe a minute or so for Felix to narrate the story of Turbo from start to finish so that I could understand its context.

"Wow, that really happened?", I asked in disbelief.

"I know it happened! Ralph and I were Turbo's next-console neighbors; we even saw him invade Roadblasters right in front of us", Felix expresses, displaying mixed emotions after having told his story.

"It must have been scary then to see that happen in front of you", I state, only imagining such a thing happening at all.

"That it was...", Felix awkwardly trails off, not wanting to talk any further on the subject. Not wanting to make the man feel anymore uncomfortable, I turned back to focus on the passing scenery. My mood lightens up once again as I notice Diet Cola Mountain approaching closer. Vanellope's kart skids to a halt once we made it close to the entrance.

"Alright, we are here! Now hurry along and bring out your vehicle so we can get racing!", Vanellope rashly enthuses. In response I immediately hop off of my spot on her kart and make a dash for the entrance. I didn't even pay anymore mind to the fact that I was able to run through the entrance as if it wasn't even there.

Now in the mountain, I run forward, my eyes darting everywhere until I found my kart. I run over to the familiar candy-themed vehicle with my initials on it, giving it a small hug once I got to it. I hop into the driver seat and rest my hands on the wheel. I moved a hand to turn the ignition, but I hesitated for a second. Am I really ready to race?