Raging Reunion(75+ Votes!)

Tapper's-[1997]

(Sourbill)-

I was wandering the arcade earlier, asking other characters for directions for somewhere to spend time. I was directed over to this rootbeer bar.

I had walked in and brought myself over to a seat.

I turned and saw some of the patrons eyeing me. Probably because I'm new...

The barkeep came over to me. "Good evening! I see that you're a new face. What's your name?", he asked.

I looked up at him. "My name is Sourbill...", I told him.

He looked at me blankly. "... Alrighty then, Sourbill. My name is Tapper. If you couldn't already tell, I'm the bartender around here. Now, is there anything I can get you?", he politely asked.

"Hmm... Do you just sell rootbeer?", I pondered.

"Typically, yes. I used to sell Budweiser, but gamer parents complained. Now I am reprogrammed to only sell rootbeer", he explained.

"Mmm", I nod in understanding.

"Anyways, you'd like a glass of rootbeer, right?"

"... Sure", I accepted.

"Perfect", he smiled. He marched over to a keg, filling up a glass and sliding it over to me.

I managed to catch it with a hovering, green hand. I brought the mug to my mouth, taking a long sip. I gulp it down and place the mug back down. Hmm... It's... Not bad...

Tapper comes back over to me. "So Sourbill, where are you from?", he asked, leaning over the bar.

"I'm from Sugar Rush..."

"Ah, I heard about how you were just plugged in!", he enthused.

"Yeah..."

"Do ya get many visitors?"

"No. Barely anyone came to visit..."

Tapper's face shifted to an apologetic look. "Ah, yeah... Sorry about that. Most of the characters are probably just too occupied to come visit".

"Mhmm", I just nod. I don't fully believe it, but oh well...

"Might I ask, what kind of game is Sugar Rush?", he furrowed a brow.

"It's a racing game...", I state, taking another sip of my rootbeer.

"Ah, a racing game! Oh boy, we haven't really seen one of those since... Well, since Turbo-Time", he awkwardly says.

I stop sipping from my mug. "Huh?"

"Oh, right! You probably haven't heard about Turbo-Time. Makes sense as you don't get much visitors to your game. Well, here in the arcade, we have a phrase for going rogue. We call it "going Turbo", after the incident with Turbo and his racing game, Turbo-Time", he began to explain.

The same Turbo that's staying with us? "What exactly did Turbo do?", I queried.

"Well, back when this arcade first opened, there was a popular racing game called Turbo-Time. The protagonist of the game was an egotistic racer by the name of Turbo. He received a lot of attention from his gamers. Boy, how he loved the attention! Heh, he was one of my regulars. He'd always grab a pint or two of my rootbeer to celebrate his victories!", he reminisces.

"But, what happened?"

"Oh, I'd say, about a decade ago, a new racing game was plugged in- Roadblasters. The new graphics and mechanics attracted all the young gamers. Hardly any of them younglings gave Turbo the attention he loved", Tapper said, sadly shaking his head.