Extra Content- Kart Drawing Activity

I am back with another drawing activity! I hope this will keep you partially entertained during quarantine.

The last time we did one of these activities, we drew out our (Y/N), so now we are going to draw their kart!

Now, I am not gonna lie, drawing vehicles and stuff isn't exactly my forte, but I am willing to try if it means giving my readers something fun to do!

So we shall get into it. Note that there aren't going to be as many drawing bases as my last activity had.

Step 1: Our candy/dessert?

Now before we can draw our kart, we've gotta have an idea of what it looks like. The kart should be based off whatever candy or dessert theme your (Y/N) has, but what if you can't think of how to apply that to your kart?

I recommend first that you Google images of your type of candy or dessert. Find the images you like best and sketch them out.

I know, we aren't exactly sketching our kart just yet. I find it's best to familiarize yourself with your individual subjects before you turn them into a massive project.

For example, before I drew out my kart, I sketched different images of bon-bons and candy bars:

Maybe you are thinking that the candy or dessert theme you chose could be too complex for you. I encourage that you'd try to challenge yourselves. Maybe you can still draw out the individual pieces, but cut back on some details; make it as minimalistic as you'd like it!

Step 2: Kart shape?

Here is where we plan out our kart's shape. Now I get that coming up with a shape or design for your kart might not be the easiest thing.

I suggest Googling the Sugar Rush racers' karts. From there, you can decide what you like best, and who knows? You might even be inspired! Before I came up with my own kart's design, I basically had a plain brick of chocolate on chocolate chip wheels. Boy, how I got an upgrade!

Then, looking back at our candy/dessert sketches from the last step, we can try and think of a way to piece our kart together. Decide what you'd like to use for your car parts. What would be your car body be made of? Your tires? You can be creative with it! 

Note: If you are working with more of a dessert than a candy, you might think that you have less to work with. Try and use whatever you can to your advantage, like fruit or cookies. For example, my kart's seat is a cherry inside of my dark chocolate bon-bon kart.

Step 3: Map your kart

Before we draw out the candy, take a moment to try and position where you'll have your tires and stuff. I am not gonna tell you how long or wide your kart should be; you can choose those details yourself.

Try drawing out a square/rectangular base. Afterwards, work towards a box shape. From there, you can add in your circular/cylindrical shapes.

If you struggle to settle on a style, you can draw some prototype sketches

If you struggle to settle on a style, you can draw some prototype sketches. Let your imagination run free!

After you are done with any prototype sketches, try and find a way to narrow down your options. Remember, we only need one kart. Ask yourself questions as you narrow your list. Like, "would my chocolate kart look better with a slender, chocolate bar figure, or a stout, bon-bon figure?".

Step 4: Decorating and coloring

After you've decided on a shape, you can draw over your sketch with your candy/dessert. Do whatever you can to stylize it! Add outlines of glaze, sprinkles, whip, you name it! And don't forget your initial(s) are supposed to be frosted on the side of the kart!

Once you are done, you can color in between your lines. You can use added techniques to add highlights and values to your kart.

That is pretty much all I have to say. When you are done, you have the option to email it to me at: technatgf@gmail.com , so that I can include it in the +75 vote special.

Hold your butts, because after that special is where the real drama begins! Catch ya later! xP