Imprisoned?

Sugar Rush, The Castle- [1997]

(Turbo/King Candy)-

After Sourbill pulled me back into the Castle, I began to untie the licorice rope from around me. I hummed to myself as I did. Once I had let myself loose, I dropped the rope.

I turned to walk through the corridor when I noticed what seemed to be a look of dread in Sourbill's eyes.

"Thourbill, why... whatever'th the matter?", I ask, feigning an ignorant sincerity.

"It's... It's nothing, your majesty...", Sourbill stated with a slight shake of his head(?).

I only nodded, as I continued onto my way through the corridor. Once I stepped into the throne room, I took a satisfying breath. This throne room, this castle, this game... It can all finally be mine. I took a moment to look around the throne room. I admit, the castle's interior is well-decorated. Too bad that it has to be so pink...

As I looked around, I heard a commotion coming from the stairwell.

"STOP RIGHT THERE!", I heard Duncan shout from the stairs.

My heart skipped a beat, assuming he was yelling at me. Wait a minute, I'm the king now!, I thought, so I composed myself and calmly turned around ready to explain myself. What I wasn't ready for was to see a young girl dashing down the stairs. It was dark, so I couldn't see who it was yet.

The Donut Cops were on the chase, not too far behind her. The girl tried to pick up speed, but she slipped and tumbled down the last of the steps. She yelled as she landed at my feet.

I only stared down at her, trying to identify her. She began to pick herself up from off the ground, her long, sprinkled, raven hair covering her face.

Sprinkles in her hair? Wait a minute!, I thought, realizing who this girl had to be.

When the girl moved her hair from her face, I knew it was Vanellope. I-It can't be! I deleted her, right?! I felt myself panicking. I-If she's still alive, does that mean my plan is going to backfire?!

She looked up at me. It was clear she was just as confused and panicked as I was. She yelped when she laid eyes on my crown and she began to back away from me, but as she did, her body erupted into a series of glitched pixels. What the-?!

I stood, shocked at what was happening in front of me. As Vanellope glitched, some of the pink sprinkles that were in her hair abruptly shook off and fell onto the floor.

"We've got you now, you pesky intruder!", Wynchel shouted, as he and Duncan had made it down to the end of the stairs. As they reached the end, they stood their ground, once they noticed the glitching child.

"What the..!", Duncan exclaims. He and Wynchel were both cautious about approaching Vanellope.

"Kid, stop that- that.. Stop whatever it is you are doing at once!", Wynchel shouted to Vanellope.

"I-I CaAn'T! I dOon'T know HoOoWw!", Vanellope yelled in between glitches. After about a few seconds later, her glitching stopped. She fell back, huffing in fright.

Catching their opportunity, the officers immediately went over to Vanellope and held her with her hands behind her back. When they did, the officers had finally noticed me. They looked at me with a dazed look for a moment before something struck them.

"Oh, uh.. Your majesty, we are so sorry about all of this! We didn't mean to wake you if we did!", Wynchel rambled.

"Yeah! We are so sorry!", Duncan chimed in.