We Need to Leave!

Previously, on A Candy-CODED Love-

(Y/N)-

"It isn't safe to thtay here. We have to get to the exit!", he exclaims, as he got up and took a moment to look around our surroundings for any clue of which direction to head. ".. Alright, I know where to go from here. Come on, I will lead us there", he stated, holding his hand to me.

I looked at it a moment, as I was still hesitant about putting my trust into him. However, I came to my senses and placed my hand into his. Candy in turn gave me a small smile, as he pulled me back off the ground.

"Good. Now, we should hurry", he says, as he leads me through the nearby candy cane forest to lead me to the game's exit. He ran at a fast, and slightly cartoonish pace, but it wasn't much to keep up with him. After all, the sooner we got to safety, the better.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Candy and I ran through the forest, as we tried to get to safety without being spotted by any of those carnivorous insects.

Soon enough, we were able to see all the other denizens of Sugar Rush running up a candy belted bridge. No doubt, that bridge led up to this game's exit.

Hovering in front of the bridge on a hoverboard was the tall, blonde lady I saw from earlier.

"Come on! Move it or lose it, people! Everyone out, now!", she ordered, as she opened fire on the approaching bugs with her gun.

"Candy, look! We are finally here!", I exclaimed with a huff, as I pulled at his arm. To my surprise though, there was no budge. I turned back to see him staring at the game's gate. "Candy?", I call his name, or at least the name I was accustomed to. He then snaps out of whatever thought he was in, as he looks at me with a serious look.

"(Y/N), lithten to me. We are both going to run up that bridge at full speed. Whatever you do, do NOT slow down for any reathon! You got that?", Candy instructed me, as he held a hand over my face.

"Uh-I- Okay?", I respond, not sure of the reason.

"GOOD! Now, on three... One... Two...", Candy started to count, as he got himself into a running stance. I could feel that as he counted down, his hand wrapped tighter around my own.

"... Three!", he exclaimed, as he took off running again, pulling me along with a steel grip. I tried to the best of my ability to sprint at his pace, but there were times where I'd nearly tumble over.

"Candy, why do we have to run so fast?!", I questioned, huffing as I ran.

"Don't question, just keep running!", he ordered, not showing any sign of slowing down.

As we ran, we passed by many of the citizens and racers of Sugar Rush. From within my peripheral vision, I saw Taffyta and her crew running. She shot me a look of surprise, as she saw me running along with King Candy. I was going too fast to be able to react to this, but I was mentally smirking.

We were almost to the exit, when I saw Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope up ahead. I could see the glimmer of a blue barrier, as Ralph tried to push Vanellope through.

"Ralph! OUCH, OUCH! Stop, it's no use!", Vanellope retorted, as she glitched out of Ralph's grasp. There didn't seem to be a way to get her out of Sugar Rush. Vanellope...

Judging from the fact that she still can't leave, it appears that she never made it past the finish line. I hesitated to keep running. I didn't want to leave the poor girl here.

"(Y/N), keep running!", Candy shouted, as he yanked my arm, tightening his grip even further as he crossed through the gate and pulled me along.

"But, what abou-?", I began to question, as I barely started to cross the gate. I only took a few steps before I felt a strong force start to push back against me.