Chapter 13-He Would Have

Unfortunately the walk back to camp and the continued silence from Peter was growing more and more awkward.

Finally breaking the quiet, "Okay, I'm doing what you asked and following you back to camp, but why are you refusing to speak at all?" Peter remained silent. "Come on, you're being ridiculous."

"I don't want to talk." That was all Peter spoke until he further forged ahead, widening the gap between you two.

                                   *  *  *

As soon as Peter came into camp he had a brief word with Felix and then climbed straight up the ladder and shut the door to his room. Frustrated, you sat down beside Bucky.

"Something happen with your boyfriend?"

"My boyfriend?...Pan?"

"So it's Pan now? Wow it must have been bad."

"Training  was going great until I beat him at his own game."

"You won his game. Perhaps his pride is a little hurt, but that can't be everything that happened."

"I don't know he just snapped and said we had to go back and made up the excuse he was needed or something, but it seems you guys had everything handled around here."

"How exactly did you " win" his game. I am curious; I'd love to use the tactic the next time I'm the piece in one of them."

You started to blush a bit and laugh at what actually got him to slip. "I really don't you could use it."

"Why? What you'd do?"

"Well he had me pinned to the tree, sword at my throat, and told me to be creative, and in order to do that I had to know my opponent. So I knew I had to do something very unexpected and disarming."

"And that would be...?"

"I just..." You had to look away because the memory was making you cheeks turn a bright shade of crimson. "I pretended that I was going to kiss him. He just seemed to tense for a moment and then relaxed and loosened his hold on me. I took advantage and got free, then pinned him to the tree. He looked a little shocked at what I was able to pull off, but that of course only lasted a second before he returned to his usual prideful self. That's when he said we had to go back. The moment I asked him why, he got angery and all defensive. He spoke barely a word to me on the way back to camp." By the end of recounting the story, the blush in your cheeks had turned back to rage. Your doey eyes returned to ice. "I guess you were right about Pan not being anything like I thought. I'm so naive." Your head was buried into your hands as you ran your fingers through your hair trying to calm yourself down.

Bucky sighed after hearing about the situation. "You ought to know Pan doesn't let many people get close to him."

"Seriously? You're defending him!"

"Ju-just hear me out about this. Pan doesn't slip up, ever. He's always two steps ahead and very calculated, and I think the reason he stormed off was because for once he wasn't-"

"So he lied! He said it had nothing to do with losing his precious gam-"

"Shut up a bit." That surprised you. "Yeah I said it girly. And hey! You told me to once or twice. My turn." You acknowledged and nodded for him to continue without interruption. "It looked to him like you were going to kiss him. Ever figure he was moving forward to do the same?" You were stunned. "Pan loves his power. Don't you think having his mind on you rather than maintaining that power would cause his behavior to change."

"You think he wanted to....?"

"I can't explain all of the reasons Pan does what he does, but I sure can make assumptions about what an incredibly power hungry but lost boy would consider, so I do believe he probably would have kissed you."

The feelings you were experiencing were what  you imagined being shot in the gut would be like mixed with bizarre happiness. Your mouth had gone completely dry.

"I'm really not the one to ask or give relationship advice. Frankly the idea you could have feelings for him baffles me, but yes. Yeah I think he would have."

Comments????

Vote????