Chapter 24-The Crocodile

"The right one." Hook repeated your words doubtfully. "She died long ago." He didn't mean to say the last part, but it slipped out causing him to cringe at his own mistake.

"Who was she?"

"None of your concern." He said standing up from the chair.

"Please, I want to know."

Hook involuntarily glanced down and traced the outline of his hook with his fingers. "I said it's nothing for you to worry about." He paused and looked at the rest of the room. He outstretched his right arm and said, "You're welcome to stay in my quarters. Here you'll be safe until I call Pan to make the deal."

You weren't focused on his words, only on the tattoo on the inside of his forearm his sleeve had exposed as he gestured to the room. You read, "Milah, your hook, the Dark One took more than just your left hand."

"You're quite perceptive." Hook commented.

"Now will you tell me about her."

"I will, if you tell me a bit about your past as well."

"Why would you want to know about my past?"

"Curiosity."

"Alright, but you first."

Hook obliged and sat down once again, "Milah had ran away from the Dark One to come aboard my ship and begged me to take her away, and who am I to deny what a woman desires."

"Excuse me. I can think of one case." You said referring to him leaving to tied to a chair over night and refusing to reason initially.

"Point taken. Now let me continue. She was leaving a dishonorable man, at the time he was just known as Rumpelstiltskin or the village coward."

"Wait Milah is-was the Dark One's wife!?" Hook scowled. "Sorry I won't interrupt again."

"After he noticed the absence of his wife, the man came to my ship and asked for his wife. He told me he had a son who needed his mother. I agreed to let her go if he dueled me for her. He said he couldn't risk leaving his son without and mother and a father. I think a man unwilling to fight for what he wants, deserves what he gets."

Hook at this point looked like a monster, but that changed when he told a story of a true monster.

"One day, after he had become the Dark One, he found me outside a tavern and asked about Milah. I told him she had died to save her from his wrath. The crocodile then chose he wanted fight me right then and there in front some of my crew in a duel. He was stronger than before. I was outmatched, and he said he'd allow me one more night alive before he dueled me once more on the deck of my ship, but Milah ran in and halted him. She made him a deal. We'll give him a bean that will allow him to travel to another realm if he promised to leave us alone. So the following morning that beast came aboard my ship. We were prepared to hold up the deal, but the Crocodile had another agenda." Hook leaned forward in his chair getting close enough make you break your confident demeanor. He continued, "He riped Milah's heart out, right in front of me and crushed it. He used my own sword to cut off my left hand, the hand he thought the bean was in and took it with him. I swore I'd find him. Even demons can be killed, but he just smiled and said, 'Good luck living long enough.' Well after burying my Milah at sea, I took the bean, opened a portal, and that's how I came to Neverland. Unbeknownst to him, I did learn how to kill him, and it's even sweeter I learned that information from his own son, who happened to be one of the lost boys years ago."

"Milah's son too."

"Exactly, and one day his information will avenage his mother."

"You have an overdeveloped sense of vengeance. This man sounds evil, but you ought to remember evil has a way of destroying itself, and villains never get happy endings, only heros do. Don't be a villian Hook."

"I'm afraid it's too late for me."

"No it's not. You already corrected one of your actions by agreeing to negotiate my deal."

"That was only because of priorities."

"No there's good in you. If there wasn't, then you wouldn't have ever felt guilty."

"I have no guilt over my actions."

"You know you really shouldn't lie."

"I'm not lying."

"Give it up Hook, I'm pretty good at calling out a liar."

Hook stuck his tongue in his cheek and gave a little smile showing that your assumptions were correct. "I've told many lies in my day, and I too am pretty good detecting them, so now it's time for your history. If you lie, I'll know."

"Alright Hook, I promise no lies."

Comments????

Vote?????

Questions????