Chapter 5-A Celebration

Back at camp Pan stood tall in the middle of the clearing surrounded by the lost boys sitting on the front sides of him. The light from the fire behind him cast an orange glowing outline around him, and it brought out the copper in his brown hair. Devon, Bucky, and you all took a seat and waited for the announcement.

"As you all have noticed, we have a new lost one. I'd say it's time to celebrate!" Pan thundered. The boys replied with fist pumping the air and yelling battle cries. You assumed they were less excited about you and more for the excuse to party. In the corner of your eye you caught a boy you noticed earlier that morning as one of boys who wouldn't as much as acknowledge you in any way, march over to Pan as he left the center of camp.

---------------------------------------------
"She isn't really going to stay is she?" The boy angrily spoke to Pan.

"She's staying." Pan stated.

"You can't be serious. You never let girls stay for more than a day when the shadow brings them. They're weak. Bossy. Whiny. And over all useless-"

"That's enough Damon. You ought to examine yourself before for you make such judgments of others. I'm putting you on night watch."

"I have been out patrolling since this morning." He wined.

"Well then, you should be well conditioned to it." Then Pan paused and grabbed the boy by his collar and picked him slightly off the ground to bring him face to face. "Don't you question me again."

"I understand." He shakily uttered. With that the boy was dropped with pallor written on his visage.

---------------------------------------------
Pan came back into camp and took a seat near the roaring fire. After the announcement to celebrate, some boys brought out drums and other crafted instruments to play. The remaining boys took up two sticks, one for each hand, and clashed them together as they danced around the fire. The boy who had spoken with Pan came back into camp with an ora of darkness gracing his countenance which was enhanced by the shadows made by the fire. Pan spectated the scene and was pleased. He pulled out a panpipe from his pocket and begin to play. The music immediately caught your attention, and you traced it back to Pan. You were moved to go to him.

"You play beautifully." You complimented.

"You can hear it?" He inquired.

"Of coarse. Hence the compliment." You replied then took a seat beside him.

"You see this pipe is enchanted, and only certain people can here it." Pan explained.

"And what's so special about these certain people?"

"Only ones who are lost can hear the melody." He finished and you looked down furrowing your eyebrows because you now knew you were lost.
Completely missing from the world. You'd been left alone too long. He continued, "You may be lost, but you're not alone." Then he gestured to the lost boys enjoying your celebration. "Why don't you go out and dance as well?"

"I can't really dance." You laughed. You were grateful for Pan changing the subject.

"Well neither can the boys, but they still try."

"Why aren't you out there Pan?"

He leaned in close making you a little nervous being that close to that face of his, "I don't dance, love."

You flickered your eyes up to meet his and whispered, "I don't believe you," causing him to grin.

The moment was broken by a voice from behind where the both of you were sitting, "Pan I need to speak with you."

Pan shut his eyes and dropped his head down, "Yes Felix what is it?"

"You'll want to hear this." Then Felix turned and disappeared in to the brush surrounding camp.

"Excuse me." Pan politely said then followed after Felix. You returned your gaze to the fire circle and then smiled to yourself and stood up. After picking up two sticks you joined the dance.

One thought did cross your mind, "How is it so dark so soon?"

---------------------------------------------"What is it Felix?" Pan said annoyed while leaning against the broken bark of a tree.

"Tink brought back a report that Hook and his men have been poking around the hollow." His words immediately caught Pan's attention.

"Does she know exactly what he's planning?"

"She hasn't caught him directly conversing with anyone, but she's sure he's been trying to charm a few."

"Well then, I think Tink needs to remind the other pixies of just how I deal with disloyalty."

"I will Pan."

"And Felix, make sure the night guards are especially vigilant tonight." Then he smirked to himself and said, "Especially Damon who has graciously volunteered to stay up all night," earning a devilish grin from Felix.
---------------------------------------------
Pan returned to find you gone from the spot he was talking to you. Confused, he looked out and found you twirling amongst the boys dancing around the bright fire. He smiled and pulled out his panpipe again to start playing. You glanced up when you heard the music and smiled at Pan's playing. Sleepiness overcame you eventually, and it forced you to return to bed.

Comments make me happy.
Vote?
Do you like my opening pictures?
Everything inside those ----dashes---- are things that happen away from the main character. Just in case there was some small confusion.