Chapter 6-Peter Before Pan

You woke up once again shocked how Neverland actually exists, and that this place is becoming home. This time after you climbed down the tree and entered camp, you got a few good mornings from some lost boys. Now that a few were becoming accepting of a lost girl, you felt much more confident, and that caused a smile to grow on your face.

"You seem happy this morning," Pan's voice said behind you.

"Uh yeah well it's just some of the others seem to be coming to terms with a girl at camp."

"They'll have to get used to it sooner or later."

"So what am I doing today for training?"

"You're back with Bucky on the archery range."

"Alright." You said and Pan turned to walk away, but you interjected one last thing, "And!... good morning, sorry just forgot that."

"Good morning." He replied with an amused little smile playing on the corners of his mouth.

* * *

After not being able to hit the target after several attempts, Bucky spoke up, "You're not concentrating. Your mind needs to be on hitting that bullseye every time. Stop letting your thoughts drift."

"I was just thinking about Pan," then you realized that sounded and tried to cover, "I mean about how he's just called Pan by everyone. You know, what we were talking about yesterday."

"I'll tell you when you hit at least the ring around the bullseye or better." He stated earning a groan of frustration from you. "Come on. I believe in you. Show me what you got lost girl."

It took most of the time at the archery range including the breaks collecting up the lost arrows and lunch, but finally you hit the second ring. "Yes! Now you're going to tell me everything."

"I'm a boy of my word." He agreed. He began to speak as you leaned against a post, satisfied with your effort for the day. "Now I don't know everything about him such as what his life was before Neverland or how he found this place, so don't ask. You'll have to ask him yourself; however, I doubt he'll speak a word of it to you. He's quite secretive. He's worried someone will find a weakness in his past, so he just shuts it off from everyone. Alright then with the explanation, I've been in Neverland for long enough to stop counting the years, but he'd always been Pan to me. I asked the same questions you have when I first arrived, and back then there were lost boys who knew him as Peter. I was told when Pan first starting collecting lost boys, he acted fairly average for a teenage boy, although he found and developed a superiority complex being the self-proclaimed leader of the lost boys and the entire island. The pixies weren't looking for some grand leader, but they grew fond of him when they saw he didn't have plans to enslave them or elimate their species. Pan actually provided protection for their hollow, which they apprecaited greatly. The real problem came when adults entered Neverland."

"Hook." You whispered.

"Exactly. Him and his crew were the disruption. They came onto the island, and being adults they wanted to be in charge. Pan wasn't having that. He and the lost boys pushed him and other men off to a corner of the island where they could dock their ship and get some supplies of their allowed piece of land. They don't own it. It's just for resources."

"So Pan showed mercy by letting him stay and live?"

"No, Neverland isn't a place for adults. Besides Hook's got the worst piece of this island. There's a huge concentration of dreamshade over there."

"Dreamshade?"

"A plant with thorns that contain one of the worst poisons of all the realms. Just a rule for us is to avoid all thorny plants."

"Okay so adults made him into Pan?" You asked.

"Actually it was his own lost boys." Bucky sighed. "Hook didn't like being shoved into a corner; he wanted revenge, so he went after Pan's followers to try and turn them against him."

"And some did?"

"Yes. And Pan doesn't take well to disloyalty, and that's when he became Pan. That's when the darkness of his character settled in."

"He doesn't seem like some monster to me. He seems kind."

"The monster comes out when you're a traitor so he slits open your arm and pushes you into the sea which is full of blood thirsty mermaids. That's when you see it."

You became a sick at that thought. "But if he was Peter once he can become him again. Maybe someone just needs to show him."

"And you think that could be you?"

"Maybe. Bucky people change. Peter did once, now he can do it again."

"I think he likes how he is."

"He just needs a reminder."

"Go ahead and be my guest."

You were set on your plan. "We should come up with a name for this mission."

"Such as..."

"How about Operation Mongoose?"

"Really?"

"I like it." You decided confidently.

"Alright. Well I told you what you wanted. Now let's get back to shooting."

Comments?

Vote?

Questions?