THE FAMILY LEGACY:

AKI: "Wh-What are you doing here?!"

TAKEHIKO: "Isn't that obvious? Your mother told me that you were coming to America. I would not miss the opportunity to see my only son."

AKI: "I thought you were at the embassy in D.C?"

TAKEHIKO: "This is the East Coast, it isn't that far for me to travel here. I rented a first class train cabin, as I would prefer not to congregate with the common folk. Then I traveled by air to avoid the ever so troublesome traffic that this city has."

AKI: "I see..."

TAKEHIKO: "And yet, the reason why YOU'RE here... It isn't for a political seminar, you haven't come to learn from me. You're here for a musical transfer program..."

AKI: "That's right

AKI: "That's right."

TAKEHIKO: "And why is that? You are a combined curriculum honors student. Both Music and Politics. Yet you choose to follow the path of music, rather than in my footsteps."

AKI: "I guess I find it more enjoyable than political stuff

AKI: "I guess I find it more enjoyable than political stuff."

TAKEHIKO: "Now, place yourself in my shoes. I did everything I could to follow in my father's footsteps after he risked his life in the war, and restored balance between Japan and America.
Imagine how it feels to see your only son DISRESPECT you by following something as useless as music!
How do you think I feel?"