49

I wake up on a soft surface, my arms wrapped around something that had a really different texture from my pillow. I open my eyes, expecting the bright light of the morning sky to blind me. However, I find the louvers rolled down, letting a small ray of light enter the room. I raise my head to look around me and notice why my pillow had such a different texture.

I flinch and shuffle back before I can think straight. That's why, moments later, I fall off, wrapped around the biggest part of the quilt like a freaking cocoon. I hiss in pain at the hard contact with the floor and I hear a soft chuckle coming from the bed. I frown and fumble through the quilt, trying to uncover myself so I could stand up. When I do eventually, I find the dark-haired boy laying in my bed and watching me with an amused expression.

"What were you doing on the floor?" he asks ironically and I roll my eyes, throwing the quilt over him and get in the bed again, having an urge to strangle him for making being so annoying.

I climb over his covered body. He escapes before I can apply my evil plan, however, resulting in me being a breath away from his face, my hands wrapped around his wrists. My hair was falling on both sides of my face like a curtain around our heads.

"Eager for a second round?" he asks softly and I let go of his wrists, fumbling up to my feet again, combing my hair with my fingers.

After I roll the blinds up a bit higher, I open the door of my wardrobe, looking for another T-shirt to put on, since I've just slept in the one I am wearing and I want something fresh for the rest of the day. Then, I realize I'm not the only one who's been wearing the same piece of clothing for a whole day.

"Do you want a T-shirt or something?" I ask, turning to look at Minghao who was watching me calmly from the bed, his black hair ruffled messily.

"Do you have clothes two sizes bigger than yours in your closet just in case?" He asks and I frown.

"Please," I scoff. "If you weren't so freaking tall I'd probably be the one wearing two sizes more than you, napkin."

"Napkin?" I hear him laughing as I turn around in order to look for something that might suit him.

I hear shuffling behind me and before I can figure out what the source of the sound might be, I feel two arms engulfing me in a warm hug from behind. My heart skips a beat as the boy lets his chin rest on top of my head. His arms were wrapped around my torso, letting my shaking ones move freely through the mess of clothes in my wardrobe. I could hear his soft breath and I could feel his chest gently heaving up and down. He places a sweet kiss on the top of my head and my heart whirls around in my chest, melting in a puddle of awe.

"Are you sure about that, angel?" He says softly, his voice close to a whisper.

The word does something to me, to my body, to my mind, my breaths becoming shallow and my head spinning. Oh, how far I am from being an angel...

But I can be his angel.

Why is he so good at making me feel like this?

God, I'm so deeply...

I try to stay composed and keep searching for a T-shirt that might suit him, but everything looks bad. There is some sort of minimalism to his style, but in his own unique way, his fashion sense is insane. Every detail about his appearance seems to be chosen carefully, so I couldn't help but imagine that he'd scoff at anything I could have pulled out for him. Even though I know he would probably prefer something black or grey or at least dark-colored over bright colors any time, the only clean T-shirt I manage to find eventually is purple, lavender freaking purple.

"Okay, apparently I only have this," I say, holding the clothing in front of us so he could see it properly as well.

He unwraps an arm from my body and extends it in order to take the T-shirt from my hand. He places another quick kiss in my hair and steps back, leaving my body annoyingly cold.