28

When I wake up, I have no idea why I am here for a few moments.

My head was still hurting a bit and my body felt sore, but I wasn't feeling like I was going to die anymore. And that was still something good.

I hear the entrance door unlocking and I turn around, curious about the newcomer. I was alone in the room, so it probably was just THE 8.

Oh God, THE 8.

I feel my cheeks heating up as I recall what happened a few hours ago and exhale deeply, hoping he wouldn't make me feel awkward for the rest of my life because of this, like someone else would do.

"Oh, you're awake," Joshua's voice wakes me up from my thoughts and I flinch, not expecting him to be the visitor.

Then where's THE 8?

I manage to fumble up in a sitting position and Joshua comes towards me, holding something that looked like a med-based sparkly drink.

"Some vitamins," he says, handing me the glass. "So you can strengthen up."

I take it and he puts his hand on my forehead gently. I didn't feel like I was burning anymore so my fever was probably truly gone. I didn't want to be sick anymore, I had things that I wanted to experience this weekend and laying in bed was at the bottom of the list.

"How are you feeling?" he asks and I nod.

"Alive, unlike... wait, how long have I slept?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows.

Joshua smiles softly and my heart flutters. I forgot how beautiful his smile was and how his eyes were sparkling when he was happy. Not now, I try to tell myself. It's not the right moment.

"Three hours or so," he says, checking the time. "Just in time to get breakfast with the girls."

Oh my God, the breakfast.

Yuri.

I am dead.

I jump to my feet, almost stumbling and hitting my head against the bed frame. My body felt rusty and I could bet on anything that I looked horrible, but the panic growing in me was stronger than the sense of humiliation.

"Holy crap... I am so so so dead..." I mutter, piling the sheets carefully on the bed.

"Calm down," Joshua speaks softly as almost always. "I talked to Olivia, you're not getting grounded."

I stop in my tracks, looking at him with my eyes probably almost too wide. If by "talked", he meant telling my sister everything that had happened with me before falling asleep in THE 8's bed, then his promise regarding me being safe meant nothing.

"What... exactly did you-"

"I went with you to the dawn race, Mingyu and THE 8 were already there," he explains in a soft voice, but with an icy undertone. "You didn't hear your phone ringing and we hung around Lime Rock Park for a while after the race. Vivi knows not to tell anything but this side of the story, so don't worry."

I couldn't seem to snap out of my bewildered state. He invented all of this just to... help me?

Joshua, what are you doing?

He smiles as if he didn't sound like a mob boss explaining a strategy just a few moments again. Goddammit.

"W-Where is THE 8?" I manage to ask, clearing my throat.

Joshua shrugs.

"He had something to do and asked me to look after you," he says and I sigh.

At least I won't have to see him any time soon.