31

At this point, nothing could really surprise me anymore.

But the fact that Yves got the first place in the final race did shock me a bit.

Of course, the crowd burst in loud cheers and applause, even Yuri who had been looking heartbroken the whole time. However, the race wasn't over, not yet.

Jeonghan couldn't take part in tonight's race because of his car, but he wasn't anywhere in the crowd either. Seungcheol did say that even though he tries to play it cool, it hurt his pride a lot. I just didn't realize it meant that much to him.

Today went by surprisingly fast, maybe also because we also had to pack our stuff since Seungcheol said we'd leave right after the final race. I couldn't really say I felt sad, but I wasn't necessarily happy either. At this point, whatever they decided seemed fine to me.

Second place, Agust D.

Well, that wasn't surprising.

During the days that we got to spend here, I came to realize that even though Agust D, or rather said Min Yoongi, was apparently the best racer in the competition and everybody knew him, he wasn't much of an extrovert. I had never seen him outside the race track, not even at that party from the night before when even Seulgi Kang and a lot of other investors (according to THE 8) came. It was as if he didn't care about these things. And to be honest, it wasn't that hard to believe.

Third place, S.Coups.

I hear a shout somewhere behind us and I can immediately tell it's Mingyu celebrating his friend's victory. Because the third race in the final race had to mean a lot, I could guess. I glance at my sister and see a proud smile dancing on her lips, but the bitter shade in her eyes wasn't gone yet.

I look at the race track for a few moments, then back at her, trying to guess what was on her mind.

"What happened?" I ask she flinches lightly.

"What happened?" she asks confused, turning her head towards me.

I shrug, feeling a small smile making its way to my lips.

"What's with that look?" I ask, slightly pointing my chin towards her.

She turns her head back towards the race track, ignoring me, and my smile widens.

"Did something happen with Yves?" I ask and her head whips in my direction.

Bingo.

I can tell she's about to say something witty in defense by the wild spark in her eyes. But in a moment, she calms down and sighs instead of biting me because of her own bitterness.

"She asked me on a date," she sighs and my eyebrows jump.

Yves' gesture wasn't that surprising, what I couldn't figure out just yet was why that would be a reason for my sister to look so upset.

"And?" I ask, confused. "What did you say?"

Yuri looks at me and smiles gently, the bitterness in her gaze slowly fading. There was no regret in her eyes, just many thoughts and what if's that were not going to give her peace anytime soon.

"That I have a boyfriend," she says and my eyebrows arch in surprise. "And that I love him."

Auch, I think, hoping that whatever happened between the two girls, my sister's sense of loyalty didn't ruin something good.

"Did she-"

"She knew about Cheol," Yuri nods, anticipating my question. "As he knew about Yves as well."