13

When we arrived here, I thought this was an underground parking lot- which wasn't completely false, since a few cars were parked in front of me. But as soon as I realized the walls were actually hidden cupboards, I figured out there was much more to this place than what met the eye.

What actually caught my eye at first was the car parked in the middle of the garage or whatever this was. A red line painted the sides of it like a warning, the metallic-black polish looking almost as catty as its owner. It was, of course, a car I had seen before at the racetrack- Jeonghan's car. It was shining in the white lights of the basement as if somebody had just washed it. Maybe that was what racers liked to do, take care of their cars with the price of their lives. Still, that doesn't exactly explain why Jeonghan's car was here.

"You're late," I hear a feminine voice behind us.

I turn around, startled and my eyes meet the figure of a gorgeous girl with a knife-like sharp gaze. Her wavy brown hair was falling on the sides of her face evenly, making her face look flawless. She was wearing a mini black skirt with an oversized olive T-shirt and black combat boots. Her attire made her look purely badass and I could only wonder if all the girls I was going to meet in this world were like this.

"I'm sorry, Jen," I hear Hoshi saying from beside me. "There was so much traffic you would have said it's the rush hour."

So is she Jennie?

The girl, Jen, didn't look amused by Hoshi's attempt to a joke, which made the latter one clear his throat awkwardly.

"You know I don't like it when people show up late," she speaks, crossing her arms over her chest. "It's a matter of mutual respect."

The boys seemed to feel as uncomfortable as me, but the girl was right. I know we were supposed to get here about fifteen minutes ago- which if you asked me wasn't that much, but things seem to work different here. I guess every second counts.

"We could leave... if we... bothered you too much..." I speak and I hear Jeonghan inhaling deeply beside me.

Normally, I wouldn't have said something like this, especially because I didn't know her and I didn't know anything about what she was capable of. I didn't even know why we were really here in the first place. I had no right to talk.

Did I already make a mistake?

"And you didn't tell me you were going to bring somebody else with you," she speaks, her eyes falling on me, and in that moment, I regret speaking in the first place.

To say I felt intimidated would have been a terrible understatement. Her eyes were digging into my soul and I could almost feel the life being sucked out of me under her gaze. I felt like a deer in lights, terrified but stoned. There was something about her, something incredibly raw, that was making me feel like she was a hunter. And I was the prey.

"What's your name?" she asks.

"Emma," I say, mentally thanking my voice that it didn't crack.

Then, she looks at the two boys beside me. The tension was so thick I could almost cut it with a knife.

"You're forgiven this once," she speaks, raising her index finger as a warning. "But that's because she's pretty."

My eyes widen and my heart stops for a second, wondering if she was kidding or if she simply wanted to make me feel bad. Jeonghan chocked on saliva and Hoshi seemed to be as surprised as I was. Her eyes land on me again and for a second, I can see a glint of something that was contrasting with her earlier-self so much. A glint of warmth, of emotion.

"Oh, you're finally here," I hear another voice saying and I spin around, only to see another gorgeous girl who looked a bit taller than the first one, her features looking softer, warmer.