Thank You

I am warning you, this is going to get unnecessarily long and cheesy.

Thank you.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

A hundred of times Thank you.

Even with the risk that I might say it so often that it loses meaning, Thank You.

Because I can't find prettier words that would convey the gratitude, Thank You.

And before this gets overly emotional, as I promised you, there's a link to a YouTube playlist for "Raw Line" in the bio of my profile. I believe you will find songs to fall in love with. I hope they will remind you at least a tad bit of this story.

Now, I have so many things to say.

Thank you for reading "Raw Line". Thank you for scrolling through Wattpad and seeing the cover of this book at some point and being curious about it. Thank you for clicking on it and for reading the description. Thank you for opening it and scrolling past the chapters, reading each word and meeting the characters. Thank you for voting and commenting from time to time. Thank you for getting attached to the characters. Thank you for being excited about every update. Thank you for reaching up to this point, right now. Thank you for reading this.

I know I probably said this multiple times, but I really mean it: you guys have motivated me a lot in writing and eventually bringing Raw Line to an end. I wasn't expecting to get so much hype for this story, this really took me aback– I was obviously hoping for it, but... I never truly had the chance to experience this so it still feels unreal. I couldn't believe there could actually be people attached to something that was born through my fingers, something that grew to be so loved that it started existing on its own. You made me fall in love with my story, with my characters over and over again. Because I loved the way it could make you feel.

My biggest dream is to touch people's hearts somehow and for seven years I've been trying to do this through writing. I guess the fact that you are reading this right now proves that I didn't fail. And God knows how much I would love to keep doing this forever. This is also something I'm thanking you for– making me feel like I can do it.

"Raw Line" was born from a spark, as I guess all the stories are. It's funny when I think about how that small, innocent shade of idea turned into something that caught your attention. I really don't want this to end, I really don't want it to. I guess what comforts me is the fact that I've been planning a sequel ever since June last year. But still, it won't be Raw Line.

I poured my heart into this and I fell in love with my own characters (not to mention I even changed biases because of this work– I know it doesn't look like it but I was a huge and pretty loyal Jun stan when I started writing Raw Line). I have been anxious all along while writing this story because some parts were flowing out of my fingers like they had a mind of their own and some parts had to be written and rewritten a thousand times before making me feel like okay, this is alright, I guess.

I knew almost nothing about what I was going to write, I only knew how I wanted to make my readers feel like. But looking back at it now, even if this has been sloppy in some places, maybe even cringey in others, I think it was enough.

I know some of you guys are writers as well and most of the times I try to check out your works, too– not as a pay back, but rather as a "okay, but how does your perspective look like?". I really want to tell you to never give up if writing is something you genuinely enjoy doing. There is no such thing as good or bad in writing, just people who like it or not– and by the way, you will never be able to write something that everyone likes. But that's okay.

I genuinely feel like I want to say right now is bigger than what I actually manage to express through these words– I just hope you'll feel it.

I really really appreciate and support all of you because I know that no matter what you think, there's beauty lying inside, there's kindness and there's a specific kind of fire that looks ethereal only in the depths of your eyes. The world has given me so many things and I decided to call them all blessings. You yourself, by being here, are also a blessing to me. Find the things that make you happy and hold onto them tightly. I really, strongly do believe in you.

I cried last night after I lowkey-edited the last chapter of Raw Line, unable to believe that this is really the end. I'll miss updating this book, I'll miss the Raw Line universe, I'll miss writing about Soo and Hao, I'll miss interacting with you guys... but hopefully, that doesn't have to end.

Soon, I'll start my journey with "GO Live", the sequel (or not necessarily) of "Raw Line". I think you can already guess who at least one of the leads will be. I can only hope I'll have you guys by my side on that ride as well.

Before ending this, I want to thank my best friend for helping me keep this book alive when even I was starting to feel hopeless. She stayed awake with me countless nights, discussing plot ideas and descriptions and feelings and character traits and plot starters and so on. Every time I thank her, she tells me that I did all the work and that I have nothing to thank her for. But that's not true. "Raw Line" would've probably been a faded dream if it hadn't been for you. I can't thank you enough. For diving into this world with me. But also for being my friend.

I've just remembered something– I knew Minghao was going to be the male lead from the beginning (I legit started writing "Raw Line" because of the ETHEREAL way he looked in Call Call Call), but I was anxious that everybody might figure that out because on the cover of the book, there is a motorbike. Jokes on me, nobody noticed that:)

I hope you fell in love with Raw Line. And I honestly hope it broke your heart, only to put the pieces back together afterwards. I hope it made you cry and I hope it made you smile. I also hope it made you mad at some points.

But most of all, I hope it made you feel.

I hope that, like Soo says about Minghao, I managed to create this beautifully, out of the patterns and outlines, trying my best not to worry about what the others might have to say about it.

I hope I crafted it as a raw line. And I really hope, like it happened with Soo and Hao, that it felt like home. At least for a moment.

Thank you endlessly.

Gabbie <3

Ah it hurts, but...

*hugs tightly, wishing you the best... also offers you a candy and hopes you're taking care of yourself and staying hydrated and healthy*