32

We squeezed in the backseat of Seungcheol's car. I was sitting between Yuri and dad, praying with all my heart that we would reach Joshua's house as soon as possible. If we had been alone, mom would have probably lectured us by now. But somehow, she didn't feel comfortable to do something like this in front of Seungcheol, which meant she liked him. Maybe even more than her own daughters.

None of them asked us anything besides where we're going. However, I knew they were only postponing the interogatory for later, so I couldn't feel too delighted.

The following days were going to be horrible and I had had twenty minutes to psyhically prepare for this before picking up mom and dad. However, as soon as I saw them in front of me, I knew it was all in vain.

When we told them we wouldn't come home for the spring break, we obviously didn't know they would come all the way to New York just to pay us a visit. It wasn't the first time they were coming here, but it was the first time we didn't know about it. And even though they might have expected us to be excited, unexpected guests were the last thing we could have wished for right now.

Jeonghan had the key of the front door, which could have surprised me if I hadn't been so mentally drained. We leave our luggage in the living room, taking in the feeling of being back home. I could feel mom silently observing the interiour of Joshua's house. To be honest, it did look like something that went well with her taste.

"I know you guys have had a tiring day today," Yuri begins, trying not to sound as upset as she actually was. "So can we just... rest for tonight? And talk in the morning?"

Dad nods silently while mom looks at her and then, at me, without giving a reponse. She eventually shrugs defeated, exhaling deeply.

"There are a few more guest rooms upstairs," Seungcheol says, ruffling his hair. "Let me show you."

"I'm coming, too," my sister says and they head upstairs, dad actually bothering to wish me sweet dreams with a warm but tired smile on his lips.

That's just the way he's always been.

"Good night," I manage to say, with a light grin on my lips as I watch my parents wearily head towards some room from upstairs.

I take off my shoes and without saying a word, Jeonghan takes mine and Yuri's luggages, heading upstairs. I could do it by myself, I think. But there was no use in arguing now. And I had no energy to do so.

I follow him upstairs, opening the door to the room I was sharing with my sister and mutter a small "Thank you" as soon as the boy puts the luggage next to our wardrobe. When we leave the room, I can hear Yuri and Seungcheol talking to our parents and dad occasionally replying, but I make my way downstairs before my brain can comprehend what they are talking about.

"Are you hungry?" Jeonghan asks as he picks up his and Seungcheol's luggage as well, only to put them somewhere aside in the hallway.

I nod my head and he brushes past me to go in the kitchen. I follow him awkwardly and hesitate in the door step. He checks the contents of the fridge and then looks at me.

"Would you fancy some scrambled eggs?" He asks hesitantly and I look at him confused.

"Again?" I ask remembering that the first and only time he cooked for me, he went for the same dish.

He sighs, furrowing his eyebrows.

"That's the only thing I can cook, okay?" He mutters and a chuckle escapes my lips.

"Sure," I say eventually. "Scrambled eggs sound amazing."

His lips form a tiny smile and I lean against the door step, deep down thankful to Jeonghan for not leaving me alone and for not bringing my parents up either. I watch him silently as he prepares the ingredients. If he hadn't told me that this was the only thing he coul cook, I wouldn't have guessed it. He looked like he knew what he was doing... but that maybe because he had plenty of time to master it.