chapter twelve.

a/n: ive been on hiatus for like 2 days for this book ahsvghdf i just had a shit week so please bare with me 😭

"tell you what, you make this job and i'll swap out that vibration mantra for a... gauntlet of explosions." shindo compromised, earning a hum from katsuki.

"that would be a favor on yourself there." he replied, earning a breathy chuckle from yo shindo. 

"can we s-somebody just walk me through a-again?" they heard midoriya speak over the microphone, earning a laugh from kirishima.

"come on midoriya bro, this was your plan, was it not?"

"n-no..." they heard him murmur. at the top of the plane above them, a buzzing light started to go off. this was alerting them that they would be in the air in less than a minute, which was kinda scary, but kinda not. 

"game time." they heard denki speak over the microphone, with all hands tightly gripped over their wheels. midoriya's face started to pale once he saw how high that drop was. bakugou noticed this, before giving a sinister smirk.

"oi, shitty nerd. you need air? good, 'cause you are gonna get a whole, 'lot of it." he cackled, earning a slight whimper from the green-haired male. y/n just rolled her eyes, taking the microphone herself.

"alright, here we go!" she called out, noticing the plane has dropped about 1,000 feet of air so the landing will not be as scary. katsuki was first, so he immediately backed out and... fell.

his acura was now in the air, slightly flipped over but not enough to be entirely upside down. and for an odd moment, katsuki felt free. nothing really else, just, him. his grip was tight in the wheel. his eyes were slightly softened. his car was also, getting very close to the ground.

"just when you think it can't get better, huh?" y/n said to herself, pulling out her nissan and falling backwards, just like katsuki did. she let out a slightly terrified laugh at the feeling of the fall, but her eyes darted to her trackpad, showing she was about 980 feet in the air. 

and one by one, kirishima, denki, jirou, mina and sero all went back. some were more scared than others, and some were just excited. meanwhile, urunaka was trying to comfort a distressed midoriya.

"is everyone out? did everyone make it okay?" jirou called into her microphone.

"check."

"check."

"good."

"check."

"tsk, yeah."

"we're good."

"check."

"midoriya?" jirou called out, causing denki to use his microphone. 

"hey, deku? what's up man, talk to us?" denki asked, slightly concerned about the well-being of his friend.

"i can't do it." he mumbled, earning a scowl from y/n.

"THE HELL YOU CAN'T? IZUKU, THROW THAT THING IN REVERSE AND GET YOUR ASS OUT OF THERE!" she yelled out, startling urunaka and midoriya. 

"listen to what i'm saying-"

"now isn't the time!" she cut him off.

oh to be izuku midoriya in this situation.