Chapter 19: The Champions !

Percy's PoV

We settle down in the big room with Harry, Ron and Hermione.

Since yesterday, people have been placing bets to see who would be champion.

A great euphoria accompanied the eagerness to find out who the Fire Goblet would choose.

Little by little silence fell, and the director stepped forward, taking his place beside the fire goblet.

"My dear children. In a few moments, we will discover who will be the lucky ones selected by the cup to participate in the "six wizards tournament"!"

Wave of cheers.
The students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang are scattered among the students at Hogwarts.

They have integrated quickly since their arrival.

"Before it all begins, I'll let Mr. Crouch add a few words!"

A man walks forward, pale complexion, looking tired. He gives a forced smile before he speaks.

"Thank you Dumbledore. I wish good luck to the future champions, they will need it."

And he steps back.

The mood in the room is a little down. You don't need the magic fire of the colony to find out.

Suddenly, the flame of the goblet of fire becomes intense and spits out a parchment, which Dumbledore catches almost instantly.

Silence in the room.

"The first Durmstrang champion, VIKTOR KRUM!"

Cheers from the whole room.
Ron was there, making more noise than I thought was necessary.
"IT WAS SURE!"he says.

The concerned person walks to a door at the back of the room that the director pointed out to him.

Silence returns as the flame begins to grow again.

Another scroll appears, caught like the previous one by the director.

"The second Durmstrang champion, INSKI ANNE!"

The girl walks towards the same door as her teammate, under slightly more moderate cheers than the first champion.
Perhaps due to the fact that the first one is a world star.

A new scroll appears.
"The first champion of Beauxbatons, FLEUR DELACOUR!"

Thunder of cheers. The boys bend over his passage.

"Hang on Ron, you're going to fall!" I say.

"The second champion, REKRAP PETER!"

A boy walks under the applause in this room behind the teachers' table.

The room is silent again.

The goblet, for the fifth time, spits out a parchment.

I feel the pressure mounting. The next two champions will be Hogwarts.

"The first Hogwarts champion, CEDRIC DIGGORY!"

The boy we met at the World Cup stands up from the Hogwarts table.
"CHAMPION'S HUFFLEPUFF!" Some shout from the table.

Cedric in turn disappears into the next room.

The blue flame of the goblet rises again, spitting out the last champion of this tournament.

Dumbledore grabs it, under the gaze of all the students, holding their breath.

Great silence.
The principal reads the parchment and looks around.