Chapter 5: Quidditch world cup

Percy' PoV

I wake up the next day after a restless night.

A feeling of guilt grips me.
I shouldn't have reacted like that yesterday, but it was stronger than I was.

The mask hiding the sadness and despair on my face is fragile, and I crack at every mention of Annabeth.

Tears begin to roll down my cheeks as I think back on everything that happened in the labyrinth and then in Tartarus.

The scene of Annabeth's death is replayed in my head every night, so that I wake up in panic and tears.

I look in the direction of Harry and Ron's beds but they are empty.
I decide to wait a few minutes before getting out of bed.

I dry my tears and put a smile on my face, trying to think about something else.

I get ready and then I get out of the room and go down the stairs to join the others for breakfast.

Morale seems to be high, everyone is laughing and making predictions about the day ahead.

That's when Arthur sees me.
"Good morning Percy. Sleep well?"

"Yes, thank you."
I'm walking towards Molly.

"Molly, I'm really sorry about yesterday...-"

But she raises her hand, interrupting my apology.
"Don't worry about it! We understand that you are upset. We just want you to know that if you need to talk, you can come to us. You are family now! "
And she hugs me, sealing this discussion.

"Good! You want a pancake?" She asks me, dragging me to the table.

After lunch, we go upstairs to prepare our things because the departure is soon.

As I was packing with Harry Ron and Hermione, a majestic owl comes in through the window and drops a letter in my lap.

"What is it?" Ask Harry.

I open it and start reading it out loud.

Percy,
Given your particular situation,
I propose to accompany you in your purchases of material necessary for the arpenticesiph...-

-Apprenticeship, Hermione corrects me.

-Yes, thank you.
Damn Dyslexia.

I resume reading.

...apprenticeship of the magic.
I'll come and get you after the world cup,
Have fun,

Dumbledore

They all look at me in amazement.
"What?" I ask.

"Dumbledore himself will accompany you shopping! It's unbelievable!" Ron tells me.

"Maybe it is. What kind of material is it?"

"Anything you can use to use your magical potential. Cauldrons, books, feathers..."Hermione tells me.

"And your magic wand.",Said Harry.