Chapter 36: The announcement of the third task

Percy PoV

We move towards the hall where Cedric waits for us around eight and a half that evening.
Harry seemed to want to ask questions.

"What ?" I ask him.

"I already asked you this but... why don't you go to school anymore? What are you doing all day? It seems that you have learned something that made you have this change..."

It's true that I've learned things. A lot.
First of all, who the enemy is, thanks to Hermione's help. And I had to prepare myself to face it.
Then I learned things from the meeting with Sirius. But I can't tell him anything right now, it could jeopardize the plan. I'm already not sure about the plan.

I look my cousin in the eye.
"Listen, Harry. I'm not going to school anymore. In fact, I haven't been completely honest with you. I didn't come here to learn magic. At least that's not the main reason."

He looks at me, puzzled.
"Then what did you come for?"

I sigh.
"Unfortunately I can't tell you. If Dumbledore hasn't said anything yet, it's because the time hasn't come yet. I'm going to ask you to trust me, even though I know I haven't told you the truth."

"Does Dumbledore know?"

"Yes, from the beginning. The teachers know some things, but not all of them."

My cousin is silent.
"So when Hermione told us that she had suspicions about your story, she was right?"

"Yes, she was. She's very perceptive. But don't think I lied to you all the way. I just left out some details. Trust me, it's better to keep it hidden for now."

My cousin remains silent, head down.

"Harry, I'm asking you to trust me. Bigger things than we thought are happening, and if we're going to get through this, some things need to stay hidden."

"I believe you. But I know you, if you don't play a role in your way of being, you're a real sick person, and I'm afraid you'll do something dangerous."

I laught.
"I appreciate your concern for me. But take care of yourself, the third task is coming up fast, okay?"

He nods.
"Let's go find Cedric, he's probably waiting for us."

"What do you think it will be?"

"I have no idea," says Harry.

We continue to walk towards the Quidditch pitch. Everything is plunged in the darkness.

"What did they make?" Cedric says indignantly while stopping.

The field was crisscrossed with large, low walls that crossed in every direction.

"Oh shit... here we go again."

Harry turns to me.
"What's happening again?"

I shake my head.
"Nothing to worry about. Just that I hate mazes."

I heard somebody make a joke.

I turn to the voice and see Peter burst out laughing, proud of his joke.
Fleur slaps his arm as if to encourage him to stop, but she was laughing, which made her gesture lose credibility.

"Hi guys." I let go.

Anne is walking towards me.
"Where have you been? I haven't seen you for a month!"

"Oh yeah, sorry, I've been busy. How are you doing?"

"Well let's just say that apart from the fact that someone I consider a friend doesn't give any news for a month I'm fine."