Chapter 44: Things are getting serious. Do you like cookies?

Percy PoV

"Before we finish, I'm going to ask you two questions."

Erebus remains silent.

"Are you going to send me small fry for much longer? When will you decide to come in person?"

"You are perceptive."

"Especially surprised that you thought I wouldn't see anything. You underestimate me, it hurts me."

"And the second question?"

"It's not for you. I'll ask the one below my knee, and his answer will decide his fate."

I reach out and grab the collar of this person pretending to be Erebus, lifting her up in front of me.

I hear her swallow behind her mask.
I raise my hands as a sign of peace.

"Hey relax! I'm just going to ask you a question! The ball is in your court!"

He nods.
I take a serious look.
"Do you like blue cookies?"

The person doesn't answer.

"Can't you talk? Then answer with a nod. Do you like them or not?"

He nods his head from right to left.

I look down, disappointed.
"It's a shame. You could have survived..."I say in a low voice.

I draw my sword and lunge at him.
"FOR ALL THE BLUE COOKIES IN THE WORLD!"

  (A/N: the person will recognize himself ;))

The usurper takes off running, arms up in the air with a silent scream, trips over his cloak, gets up and starts running again.

I stop and explode with laughter.
"Ahlala! Well, now we get down to business."

A cold current is felt.
I turn my head back, looking over my shoulder.

I let out a whistle.
"This is serious."

I hear the sound before I see what is making it. I make a quick movement of my sword, deflecting a dagger that was coming at me, which goes into a grave farther away, sinking into the guard.

"Is this how you introduce yourself?" I ask.

I tilt my head slightly to the left, and another dagger grazes my right cheek, cutting me slightly.

"You have good reflexes."

And he finally shows himself. An intense black smoke forms and he emerges.
His cloak has nothing material about it. It seems to be made of the shadows surrounding him, the aspirants to him.

The temperature drops suddenly.

His face is hidden under a hood, but I see the brilliance of his eyes. Nothing to do with the usurper. An almost black blue color, but that comes from the glitter of his eyes, not from some trick.
He gives off an aura of demonic power, frightening.

But I expected it.

He stretches his arms out to the sides in a theatrical gesture.
"Here I really am, in front of you."

A flock of daggers appears in his back.
"You will have the privilege of dying by my hand, Erebus, primordial of Darkness!"

I place my sword on my shoulder.
"How are the ankles? I can play it too if you want."

I plant my sword in the ground in front of me, and I extend my arms in the same way as him.

The water appears, swirls and forms a trident which is placed in my hand. Swords also appear around me.
"Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, sorcerer, champion of Nyx and Chaos. And I don't like guys who act like you."