Chapter 6: The Dark Mark

Percy's PoV

We sit down and I hear someone apologizing.

I turn around and see a little creature apologizing to Harry after shoving him.

"What is it?" I ask Fred.

"A house-elf. They are creatures who like to submit to and serve wizards."

Hermione turns her head towards us.

"Without any remuneration!"

I see Ron raising his eyes to the sky.
"And she does it again. Hermione, they like it! It's their only reason to live!"

"Uh, isn't that slavery?" I ask.

"Finally someone with sense!" Approve Hermione.

"Children, calm down. The match is about to start," said Arthur, ending the discussion.

I watch the house-elf sit down.
Next to him are two free seats, and yet I have a strange feeling.
As if one of the seats is occupied.

BOOM!

I turn my attention back to the stadium, where the first team arrives with a fanfare from the air, to the cheers of the crowd.

"Unbelievable.", I let go.

"It's Ireland!"

Little people are dropping gold coins on the spectators, and I see Ron passing a handful to Harry.
"I pay you back for the glasses you bought me."

And then the other team, the Bulgarians.

"It's him! It's Viktor Krum, the famous seeker!" Say Ron.

Ludo Verpey, in our dressing room, gets up and carries his wand around his neck.

"Let the match... START!" he said, his voice amplified as if by magic.

Not as if by magic.
By magic.

The players run with all the speed of their brooms and the match begins.

I can't hold back a smile.
"I love this world."

"We won! We won! We won! We won!"
Ron, Harry and the twins were celebrating Ireland's victory.
Hermione and Ginny look at them laughing. While Arthur prepares the meal.

There is a big noise outside.
I go to see what's going on, and a flash of light grazes my face.

I turn my head and see tents on fire, and people in panic running around.

Among them stands a group of masked people, moving slowly and waving their wands.

I storm into the tent.
"Arthur, we have to run away. It's chaos outside!"

Understanding the situation at a quick glance, Arthur picks up things in a hurry.

"Take refuge in the woods. Fred, George, you are responsible for Ginny. Hurry up!"

We all get out of the tent.
Arthur goes in the direction of the masked characters and we go in the opposite direction, towards the woods.

In the rush, I see Hermione being separated from us, and I decide to catch up with her before we lose sight of her.

The twins, Harry, Ron and Ginny enter the woods, while I go back to look for Hermione.

I see her on the ground, leaning against a tent.

I grab her by the arm and try to lift her up, but at the same time I see a bolt of lightning coming towards us.

Without thinking, I press my watch and place my shield in front of us.