Glory VS Sword-Waving Scavenger

'"Also, confronting scavengers," Deathbringer chimed in. He gave a little shudder out to his wingtips. "No, no, no, thanks. Not for me."

"You're scared of scavengers?" Glory asked, amused.

"NO," he said. "They just...give me the heebie-jeebies, that's all. With their...eyes and paws and....faces."

"That's pretty cute." Glory said. "The big bad assassin terrified of itty-bitty scavengers."

"One day I'll throw a sword-waving scavenger scavenger at you and see how tough you are," he bridled.

- Wings Of Fire, Book 5, The Brightest Night, Chapter 20, pages 215-196

~~~~~~~~

Vermillion: WELCOME! TO THIS, ALBEIT VERY STRANGE, EXCITING NIGHT!

Sunny: WOOOOOO! GO GLORY!

Vermillion: SHUT UP AND LET ME TALK! 

Sunny: *whisper* Wooooo! Go Glory!

Vermillion: HERE AT THE SKYWING ARENA, WE HAVE QUEEN GLORY OF THE RAINWINGS-

Jambu and Kinkajou: GLORY! GLORY! GLORY! GLORY!

Vermillion: NO TALKING OR SCREAMING OR CHEERLEADING OR SO HELP ME I WILL BURN THIS PLACE TO THE GROUND!

Scarlet: Tsk tsk son work on your anger management. 

Ruby: And don't burn down my palace.

Scarlet: I think you mean my palace.

Ruby: Well why don't you-

Vermillion: OHHH-KAY! ONWARD WITH TODAY'S EVENTS!

Deathbringer: Please hurry this up this scavenger is looking at me with it's eyes.

Vermillion: I can't take this anymore. IT'S TOO DAMN STRESSFUL. I QUIT. *walks away*

Scarlet: Well my parenting strategies worked out great. I have two sons, a quitter and I have no idea where Hawk is, and two daughters, a weak queen and a non-existent one. Oh and an adopted fiery murderer. I am so impressed with my life.

Tsunami: Why are you here anyway Scarlet. You're dead, did you forget?

Scarlet: NO- *disappears*

Deathbringer: OK GREAT THE SCAVENGER PICKED UP A SWORD AND ITS POINTING IT AT MEEEE!

Glory: Deathy you idiot.

Deathbringer: *throws scavenger at Glory* HERE FIGHT IT!

Scavenger: *lands face-first on the arena sands*

Glory: Deathy you idiot!

Deathbringer: What?

Glory: You're in the grandstands. Which is considerably high up, and you just threw a living, breathing scavenger at me. 

Deathbringer: Thank you for the recap, I'm sure I missed that part of my ACTUAL LIFE.

Glory: The scavenger's dead. It fell from a very high height.

Deathbringer: Oh. Well I guess that counts as you winning. Woohooo!

- No scavengers were harmed in the making of the scene -