3- MTF Shocked

Copyright © designschool 2021

All Rights Reserved

    The air around Gia seemed to shift, causing her to look up. Mr. Bellanti, that is who Nick had become to her... just another suit in the building, breezed past. His eyes were locked on her, with the same brooding look that he had every time he was near her for the week and a half she had been working there. One would think Gia would be accustomed to it, but each time she saw him look at her that way, it hurt like she was being rejected by a long lost friend. She refused to show weakness, and glared back at him. That had become her defense. Once he passed, she shut her eyes, trying to calm herself.

     A few deep breaths, and she was able to continue her work. And there was plenty of it. Since her second week had begun, she had been slammed with more work than she could do each day, and hoped this was the exception rather than the rule.

     "What was that?" Allison whispered, once Mr. Bellanti was out of earshot.

     "What do you mean?"

     "I mean that look between you and Mr. Bellanti."

     "I don't know." Gia shrugged and continued typing on her keyboard.

     "Don't play dumb with me. You two have stare downs every time he passes. And since you've been here I honestly think he's been walking this way more than he ever did before."

     Gia stopped and looked at Allison, wondering if she should tell her about how they met. Over the past week and a half, she and Allison had spent a lot of time together. Even meeting up with Steven, a friend of his, and Evie to go dancing. Her eyes scanned the room, and once she saw that everyone seemed thoroughly occupied she began to tell Allison about their first meeting.

     Allison grinned. "I bet he wants to date you but doesn't know how to start. You know, he's never dated anyone from work. I've seen him out with other women at work events and at nearby restaurants, but I hear he has a personal thing against work relationships. I know for a fact there are several women he seemed to enjoy spending time with, who work here, that he flat out said that to."

     "Wait. So dating coworkers is allowed here?"

     The corner of Allison's mouth went up. "Yep. You just have to file something with H.R..  They like to know, just to make sure it can't be used against anyone." Her eyes wandered to Steven, who had just returned to his desk.

     Gia's brows shot up. "Are you two...?" She mouthed while motioning between Allison and Steven.

     Something flickered in Allison's eyes and she smiled then leaned forward to whisper, "We're going down there today."

     Steven seemed to sense what was being discussed and winked at Allison.

     "But back to you. What do you think about Mr. Bellanti? Maybe he's just trying to work up his nerve. Although with all he has going for him, I'm not sure why. I mean, he's got it all: looks, money, brains." Allison fanned herself, and Steven rolled his eyes. At least he was good natured about his girlfriend talking up other guys. "There may be a bit of an age difference, though, if that bothers you."

     "Like what? I'm 22."

     "I believe he's 31. So... nine years." Allison shrugged.

     Gia's eyes went wide. "I thought he was more like 25, and was amazed that he had been promoted to his position for someone so young. Wow. Thirty-one."

     "Oh, he's a genius when it comes to math and finance all right, and he's risen quickly since he got here. In fact, I think he started as an intern like you. So... does his age bother you."