LAUNCH PARTY

LOUIS POV.

Kay and I were bickering back and forth in the back seats of the taxi. We left lunch shortly after our chicken burgers and Kay seemed to be in a really standoff-ish mood.

I could tell the driver was also getting slightly annoyed by the constant back and forth between us as well, especially as the trip back to the house was a good half an hour in the lunchtime London traffic.

''You're un-fucking-believable Louis'' Kay smacks his lips angrily and looks out the window.

I'm not really sure how the conversation started. I was talking about my concerns with Clifford and Johnny if it was the right decision to let Johnny look after Cliff while I was on tour and Kay seemed to explode at me for it.

''How? I don't understand what I said'' I state, I squeak a little, my voice went high pitched as I was confused by his sudden outburst.

Kay turned his head to me, then shuffled the rest of his body in the black leather seat to face me.

''You're acting like everyone's disposable, you give something all your attention till something new comes your way, then you forget about it completely. Fucking celebrities'' Kay whispered at the end and I was taken back. My head retreating into my neck and I make a displeased face.

''I don't want to leave Cliff, he's my soul, my boy. I didn't choose to ditch him for the band Kay. I wasn't given a choice when it came to the band getting together. I was forced.'' I state angrily and Kay rolls his eyes.

''It's not about Clifford you're so ignorant'' he huffs, and I breathe out in frustration.

''Then what I don't understand, Kay I don't get what you mean''. I explain and he makes an evil face at me.

''You wouldn't understand'' Kay states but his voice was no longer harsh and sharp, it was broken and sad.

I breathe in, realising this isn't about Cliff at all like he said, there's something going on with Kay and I've been so involved with my own things going on I hadn't asked if he's doing okay.

Guilt washed over me, and I look over to him with pleading eyes.

''I'm sorry'' I let out a puff ''I haven't been the best listener today, I've been self-absorbed. Tell me what's bothering you, please?'' I jut out my bottom lip, moving my left hand to pat his knee in a reassuring way.

Kay who was still a couple inches taller than me even when sitting looked down at me and sighed.

''I'm worried'' He states, and I tilt my head in confusion, but I dare not to interrupt him. ''Look Lou, when I moved to London from Australia, I had nobody, all I had was some savings and motivation to do well, I was so lonely and sad. So, I used to go out clubbing every night. Drinking. Smoking. Having sex with anyone who would give me some sort of validation even if it were for an hour or two. When I came back to the house with Harry and Niall took him away, I genuinely thought it was just going to be a failed night. A lonely Night. But no, you arrived to get a drink, in your boxers at like four in the morning. You spoke to me, and even offered me somewhere to stay without expecting anything from me. Louis you were the first person to ever show friendship and kindness towards me since I moved here. And I'm worried. I'm so worried because I don't want you to forget about me when you're touring the world, meeting new and amazing people every night, creating new memories. I don't want to lose my closest friend''. He finishes and looks into my eyes with his bright blue ones, which were glistening in the inner corners with forming tears.

He looked at me with so much pain I felt my eyes dampen.

''Oh'' was all I said before grabbing Kays build shoulder and pulled him into my body giving him an awkward side hug, restraint from our seatbelts.