15-

Sehun needed to see me, but Namjoon thought otherwise

"You have to let me go," I pleaded desperately.

"No," Namjoon says harshly. "I don't care how many times you ask me. You are not leaving this house."

"We can trust Sehun!" I protested. "He's out there and he needs me! Why are you being such an asshole?" I exclaimed.

"Because I made a promise!" he yelled back. "I promised your friends I would keep you safe," he sighed. "If I let you leave, I'm risking your life. If keeping you safe makes me the asshole... then fine."

"But it's Sehun," I explained, "I trust him. Isn't that enough for you?"

"No." He shook his head. "I was given specific instructions. If there was news on him, the informant is supposed to contact Dahyun and she's supposed to contact me. That's the deal we made, and I intend to keep my end of it."

"You are unbelievable," I scoffed at him. I was filled with disappointment, angry tears stinging my eyes as I spoke. "I should've never told you about the call. I should've just left on my own. I don't know why I thought you'd understand. You've probably never had anything worth fighting for."

I knew my words had hurt him due to the look on his face. My apology was sitting at the tip of my tongue, but I prevented myself from blurting it out. If Namjoon was stubborn, then I was stubborn two-fold.

Jin stood up from his spot on the couch. "That's enough," he warned. My argument with Namjoon became so intense that I had forgotten we had an audience. All of them were present, watching a movie in the living room when I descended from my room and told them about the call I received from my boyfriend.

I took it upon myself to tell them the truth because I figured it'd be easier for all of us to be on one team. If I had known Namjoon would be this hard to persuade then I would've just acted on my own. But by the time I figured that out, it was too late. He contradicted me right from the beginning.

"You might not understand it now but this is for the best," Jin went on and I shot him a glare too.

"How is leaving him out there for the best exactly?" I retorted. "I have known Sehun since I was four. When I lost my family, his took me in. He's done so much for me, and now you're telling me I can't even do this one little thing for him?"

"I barely know you all." My voice broke as I spoke. "But I can see that you're a family too. What you're asking me to do..." I turned back to Namjoon. "Families don't do that to each other."

"Namjoon," Yoongi sighed deeply. "Maybe we should let her go."

"Namjoon pursed his lips and shook his head. "Yoongi, don't."

"Just listen will you?" Yoongi exclaimed. "She doesn't have to go alone. Some of us can go with her and watch from a safe distance just in case something goes wrong."