34-

Pure chaos

Pure chaos.

That's what I could remember during my long awaited rescue. Though my head only remembers pieces of that night, I knew enough.

Blips of Jin's eyes glowing blue. The sound of Namjoon's commanding voice. Hoseok who stood in front of Jungkook the whole time, the former holding a gun as he protected the latter who was carrying me in his arms.

Traces of gold in my vision, I knew it was Jimin running around. The way my heart felt when I saw Yoongi's face covered in blood, the katana he held resting on his shoulder. How the familiar feeling of teleporting was the last straw for my body. I remember passing out just as Taehyung's smoke enveloped me and brought me back home.

At least that's where I thought I'd end up, but I didn't wake up in the mansion I had grown accustomed to.

Instead, I found myself in an unfamiliar room. The comfort I found in the glow-in-the-dark stars that was plastered on the ceilings of my previous space was nowhere to be found.

Everything was foreign again — the dark blue sheets, the grey walls, the window that barely let any light in, the lack of life that showed no one had ever stepped foot here before. This room was new. This house was new, and judging by the size of this room, this place was nothing like our previous abode.

This place was humble, meant to blend into the background. Meant to be hidden.

We were in hiding. We were in a safe house.

Like I said, everything was new, save for the blond boy sat by the bed. His head was burrowed into his arms as he rested it on the side of the mattress. One of his hands held onto mine. "Park Jimin," I called out, my voice coming out hoarse. "Wake up."

It took him a minute to register that I was awake, saying his name and squeezing his hand. But when he finally did, he rushed towards me, wrapping me in a tight embrace as he caressed the back of my head and whispered thank yous.

Who he was thanking and for what, I wasn't sure.

"You have no idea how happy I am to finally hear your voice," he said, before placing a kiss on the top of my head. "I... we... are so sorry for leaving you," he mumbles, taking my hands into his. "We should've known they had something up their sleeves."

I take note of how tired he looked. It wasn't just the noticeable injuries he had sustained from the rescue mission, but the bags under his eyes, the way his hair lost its usual shine. He seemed restless.

"We were scattered throughout the building when Yoongi figured that something was wrong," Jimin rambled on. "He tried to find us because he knew he couldn't take them on by himself, but we took way too long, and by the time Taehyung teleported us all back to the greenhouse..."