27-

D-day

D-day.

I sat up from the bed and rubbed my eyes, allowing my vision to adjust to the morning brightness. Jin stirs from beside me, mumbling a soft good morning.

"You didn't sleep much last night did you?" He sat up as well. "You kept tossing and turning."

I sighed, running my fingers through my hair out of exasperation. "Sorry. I couldn't help it."

I haven't felt this anxious in a while. Truly though, I'd be more concerned if I wasn't feeling this way. Namjoon's game plan was equal parts brave and reckless. He planned the night to a T, thinking of all the possible loose ends that would hinder us. But there was still the possibility that all hell would break loose, no matter how hard he thought things out.

"Lay back down, will you?" Jin's voice ends my stupor. "We've still got time." He smiled gently as he got back to bed, looking up at me with shimmering eyes. I couldn't say no.

I fell into his open arms which closed around me instantly, nuzzling my face into his chest as his hands found my hair and his fingertips massaged my scalp "That feels good," I mumbled.

"Hm," he hummed. "You're really tired, huh?" I looked up to face him and offered him a weak smile. "Don't worry," he said, "I'll make sure you have the best sleep tonight."

"Elaborate," I teased, raising an eyebrow up at him.

"It's a secret." He smiled, causing the smallest dimples to appear at the corner of his full lips. His eyes were shut as he did so, and I couldn't help but admire how innocent he looked despite the tone of his voice being the total opposite.

I sat up. "As tempting as that sounds..." I paused, "I feel like I should be honest with you. I'm grateful that you stayed by my side when my life turned upside down, but I don't think it's healthy for us to keep relying on each other like this."

What I wanted to say was that I felt like I was leading him on. Truth is, it may not just be him that my heart feels for, but I wasn't ready to admit that just yet.

He was silent for a moment. "Can we talk about this tomorrow?" he asked. "Please give me tonight. Then we can talk."

"Okay." I couldn't take my eyes off his face, even when he stared up at the ceiling to avoid my gaze. We'd kissed once, and it was passionate. I'd be lying if I said that our moment didn't linger in my head.

The urge to kiss him again was strong, but I never acted on it. The last thing I wanted was to hurt him... any of them. But in circumstances like this, it might be unavoidable.

I brought my hand to his face, turning it so he would face me. He leaned forward, close enough so our noses brushed. I could tell he was holding back, we both were. It was almost painful. Our foreheads met and he closed his eyes.