26-

"Why am I so nervous?"

"Relax." Jungkook offers me a glass of water and I take it, he situates himself beside me. He carefully places a hand on my back in attempt to provide some comfort. It's a bit awkward, but I appreciate the effort. "Namjoon's done this many times before."

I sigh. "It has to be perfect. There's a lot riding on this."

"Well." Taehyung clears his throat from my other side. "Leave it to my brother to be perfect."

Everyone else was at work. The three of us sat in the living room, impatiently waiting for Namjoon's scheduled television appearance. Strangely, this set up reminds me of the times I spent splayed out on the couch of my old house — head on Sehun's lap as he played with my hair mindlessly, watching the news with Kyungsoo while enjoying his hilarious side comments, Baekhyun and Chanyeol arguing about something pointless in the background.

I missed the life I used to have. But it doesn't do well to dwell on the past. This is my life now, and I've accepted it.

"He's coming on now," Jungkook says in a sing-song voice, bringing me out of my thoughts. The announcer on tv pans to the next segment, and next thing I knew Namjoon's face was on screen.

His beauty translates through the cameras. He adjusts his glasses with two slender fingers, pushing it higher up the bridge of his nose. He greets the interviewer opposite him with a smile and his dimples mark his face. The interviewer giggles, not passing the opportunity to throw in a side comment about how handsome he is.

I sucked in my breath, half from the sight of him, half from nervousness.

"The annual anniversary party of your company is always a grand event," the female interviewer begins. "And just like every year, we're dying to know the theme."

"Before anything else," Namjoon replies, voice filled with confidence and certainty, "we at Septenarius Industries Korea acknowledge the worries everyone has during these troubling times. I'd like to apologize for not having addressed this earlier, but we stand against The Zodiac and send our compassion to all that has been affected."

I watch him in awe. He was in his element. Professional, serious, and deadly charming. It's like he was made for greatness.

Taehyung chuckles. "Well, shit. Dad's going to be pissed." He sounded amused, maybe even happy about what he had just said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, I'm no company bitch but I'm pretty sure Namjoon wasn't supposed to say anything about The Zodiac," Taehyung replies. "It's too... political."

"The Zodiac isn't a political issue, Taehyung," I argued. "It's a moral one. Anybody in the right state of mind should be against them. It baffles me that the world is fifty-fifty about this."