24-

I split the following days between the studio, the company, and at home

I could tell Yoongi was trying his best to distract me. Whenever we worked, he never mentioned the upcoming events. He probably sensed how on edge I've been. It was all nerves. I had this nagging feeling that not everything would be smooth sailing, and I couldn't push it down no matter how hard I tried.

Thus why I decided to brush up on my combat. Jungkook agreed to train with me. I had been rusty during our fight, probably a little overconfident. I couldn't risk anything if things went wrong at the ball. If I was going to fight, I also needed to win.

But mostly I was with Seokjin, since I decided to allow him to perform some tests on me for his work. I spent half my time at the company lab these days — needles pricking my skin, or under high-tech machines, or watching my own cells under a microscope, doing all sorts of tests.

I would've hated this back then. If it were any other person, I would've said no. But Jin wasn't just any other person.

He'd told me he and Namjoon always had a hunch that natural superhumans did exist. He just needed proof, and then he happened to walk in on me that night at Mrs. Choi's noodle shop.

That felt like ages ago.

It was late now. We must've been the only two people left in the building, save for the security guards on night shift. Jin's private science lab was even bigger than Namjoon's bookshelf lined office. I was watching him work, and I enjoyed it. Even though the things he said came through one ear and out the other.

"It's amazing!" he said the phrase for what felt like the hundredth time. "The temperature for this medium is practically scorching. Yet your cells are completely intact. No cell death, whatsoever."

"And on the opposite range of the spectrum." He slid his chair to another microscope. "Your cells can withstand lower temperatures compared to the average human," he said in an amused tone.

"So you don't get hot? Or cold?" he asked, eyes not leaving the microscope lens.

"Hot? No," I answered. "Cold? Yes, but it'll take long exposure over low temperatures. My body naturally fights the cold. Unless I get hurt, then it's instant. My body shuts down and freezes from the inside out. I felt like ice when I got stabbed."

"Amazing," he said again. "N-not the fact that you got stabbed. I just mean it's cool how your body works in certain circumstances."

I laughed. "You're such a nerd, Seokjin."

"Excuse me?" he deadpanned. I pursed my lips, smile fading quickly. He looked offended. I was about to apologize, but then he laughed, all windshield-wiper-like. "My God! You should've seen your face!"