21-

"This is so stupid

"This is so stupid."

"Shut up," I snapped, turning back to look at an exasperated looking Namjoon. "I swear to God, if you say that one more time I will deck you. You're making me wish we left your ass at home," I said under my breath.

I didn't need all seven of them to come, but of course they all insisted. I knew most of them didn't agree with my choice of destination, but I had won the bet. And this was where I wanted to be.

I stared at the empty warehouse in front of me. The Vault was like my second home, but the last memory I had of this place was a straight up nightmare. I sighed deeply, moving my hand in the air as if Sehun's protective force field was still up — It wasn't. I tried to listen in on the vibrating energy he used to surround the place with. Nothing.

The Vault was now vulnerable.

"Well, this is it," I said to them. "I know it doesn't look like much from out here but it's quite the place on the inside. At least it used to be."

"It was awesome," Hoseok chimed in. "It was like a party. They had a bar and a diner, a huge dance floor, and even a ring for cage fights."

"I knew you were lying," Taehyung said, referring to the time Hoseok had been sent to follow me. The latter shrugged before throwing me a sly wink afterwards.

"I expect they left the place in ruins," I said sadly. "Even if The Zodiac didn't destroy everything, my friends had to. We couldn't leave any loose ends."

"Are you looking for something?" Seokjin asked.

"No," I answered. "I don't know, I just... want to be here."

I missed The Vault so much. I missed what it represented — my old life, what used to be normal for me. Even though there wasn't anything normal about a secret hideout filled with a bunch of superhumans, I always thought The Vault would be a constant thing in my life. Now, even though this warehouse still stands tall, I realize that it wasn't the place that I fell in love with but the people in it. People that were now nowhere to be found.

I stepped forward. My hand reached for the door but was stopped by another — Yoongi. "Wait," he said, eyes darting around. "Someone else is here."

"Let's leave," Namjoon commanded.

"No," I fought. "Yoongi, how many are there?"

He took a moment to concentrate before responding. "Two."

"We have eight. We can take them," I said confidently. I wasn't afraid of the intruders. I had no intentions of running from this, because I suddenly felt like this was my chance to finally do something. "You can leave if you want, but I'm staying. This is my territory and I have the upper hand." I stood my ground. Namjoon let out a deep sigh but didn't move his feet. That was my indication to enter.