49-

"Her vitals seem okay

"Her vitals seem okay."

"Why wouldn't it be? I said I'm perfectly fine," I insist. "Tell him, Doctor..." I squinted my eyes at the man's name tag, "Lee."

Jimin puts a hand on his coworker's shoulder. "Taemin, is there any way for me to borrow the results of her blood work?" he mumbles.

"I'm afraid that's personal patient information, Jimin. It's very unprofessional to do such a thing. You're not on duty, you're here as a friend aren't you?" the man says when he notices the uncomfortable expression on my face.

"As for what you actually called me here to do — all her test results came back normal. She's fine, apart from the bruises and cuts she sustained. A couple of rest days is all she needs before she can be back on her feet again. Miss Kim," he addresses me, nodding courteously, "take care of yourself."

I offer him a small smile and a thank you before he exits the room. With only Jimin and I left, a tension overtakes the atmosphere.

"You asked for my results so you can see if I have drugs in my system?" I say bitterly. "Besides the ones you spoon feed to me," I retort. "I'm all clean. I'm too tired to be angry right now, but you should know that that was a real asshole move, Park."

Jimin pursed his lips, eyes darting to the floor to avoid eye contact. "I know. I'm sorry but Namjoon's been bugging ever since he—"

I scoffed. "Who told?"

"I had to," he explained. "A lot happened while he and Seokjin were away. They needed to know what they came back to."

I sighed, frustrated. "Where is he anyway?"

"He went with Jungkook to bring your friend to a safe house," he answered, and I'm left wondering just how many safe houses Namjoon had at his disposal. "They'll be back soon."

I couldn't bring myself to eat the food Jimin had bought for me. He left me alone after a while, probably sensing that I was in no mood for company. The only thing I could focus on was the conversation I had shared with Dahyun earlier on. I wasn't sure if the rest of the guys knew about what would happen next, but the Kims sure as hell do.

After a while, the peak of my interest sauntered into the room.

Namjoon was dressed in grey sweats and a plain white t-shirt, his glasses resting perfectly on his face. I rarely saw him dressed so casual, even when he was out of the office, but then I realized that the person in front of me wasn't Kim Namjoon the heir to Septenarius Korea.

This was Kim Namjoon, our strategist.

"How are you feeling?" he greeted.

I looked at him, eyes narrowed, lips tight. "Let's skip the small talk, Namjoon."

The last time we had a full conversation, we ended up fighting. Though I didn't want to go at each other's throats at the moment, I couldn't help but expect that it'd end up happening anyways. I knew he wanted to reprimand me for my actions, while I on the other hand was angry at him for leading the ambush.