19-

Taehyung kissed me like the end of the world was upon us

There was no slow build up or carefulness. There was only fervour and invasion, as if he only had this moment to know me. He kissed me like there was a countdown on how long we were allowed to be this close. Strangely, I felt it too, so I welcomed his passionate kisses.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer than close. I parted my mouth against his, permitting his tongue entrance. There we stood, amidst all the whoops and cheers of the crowd that had gathered. To them, V was making out with the nameless girl who wore pyjamas to a street race.

But then the countdown ended, just like we had weirdly anticipated, and it came in the form of a phone call. We broke apart, Taehyung swore under his breath and retrieved his phone from his pocket. Then he swore again, louder this time.

"What's up?" I asked. He answers by showing me the screen — an incoming call from Namjoon.

Shit.

"Yeah?" Taehyung answered the call. His face twisted into a grimace. Even though I couldn't fully understand what Namjoon was saying on the other end of the line, I could tell by the look on Taehyung's face that it was not a good conversation.

Taehyung cuts the line and groans, I knew we were in for an earful when we return. He removed the Skyline's keys from the ignition and tosses it to one of his friends, offering a rushed goodbye before he averted us both away from the crowd and into a quiet area so we could teleport back home.

"You ready to get yelled at?" he joked. I shook my head but tightened my hold on his hand anyways. I closed my eyes and heard the familiar popping sound. When I opened my eyes back up, we arrived.

Yoongi was the first to spot us. He gave us a disapproving look, shaking his head in the process. He didn't say anything though, which made me feel somewhat worse.

Namjoon on the other hand, clearly had a lot of things to say. "Kim Taehyung!" he yelled as he marched over to us. "How could you be so inconsiderate? I knew you were an idiot but I didn't think you'd do something this stupid!"

"Let's do this calmly," Jin interrupted. He was present too, and so was everyone else. Jimin leaned against the wall, watching the drama unfold. A half-asleep Jungkook rested on the couch along with a concerned looking Hoseok.

"No, Jin!" Namjoon exclaimed. "I've had it with him. All he cares about is himself. He's selfish and I'm going to tell Dad exactly what he's been up to!"

"Hold up," I stopped him. "This isn't just Taehyung's fault. I agreed to go with him. Go ahead and insult me too. I played just as big as a part."

Namjoon looked at me with both anger and disappointment in his eyes. I'm trusting you, Y/N. Don't make me regret it — that was what he said to me. But because of tonight, the small link of trust he had for me was now severed. I had broken it.