Chapter 3 - Attracted

Nozomi just sat there, all frozen up as the blonde continued reading and jotting down on her notebook.

I can't believe it! She is actually in front of me! Nozomi thought as droplets of sweat began to form on her forehead while she kept her stare at the other.

What should I do? Should I pop up a conversation? Will she talk to me? Ahhhhh! I'm not ready! It feels like my head just shut down!

Eli felt those stares and couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. Even when she is not looking up, she could tell that Nozomi's eyes are totally glued at her.

This is awkward, is there something on my face? Eli thought before she raised her head up to look at the purple-haired,

"Hi, uh.. you're staring like you just saw a ghost." Eli broke the ice.

Nozomi flinched in surprise, "S-Sorry! I-I'm Nozomi Toujou! I take photography major!"

"I did not ask about that, was there something on my face?" Eli raised an eyebrow.

"N-Nothing! But your boobs sure is on their decent size!"

A moment of silence and the other students, who have heard that all covered their mouths with their palms to avoid bursting out their laughter.

The blonde had her mouth opened due to shock and it took her a few seconds before she coughed and cleared her throat, "I beg your pardon?"

What did I just say!? Nozomi thought.

"A-Ahh, sorry, I was a little nervous." She replied as she scratched the back of her head,

Too nervous that you talked about my chest.. Eli thought in disbelief.

"It's okay, I mean, I approached you first, it must have had surprised you." The blonde smiled.

Whoa.. her smile is beautiful. Nozomi's eyes widened and swallowed her saliva,

"R-Right, it's okay."

"But, why were you staring at me?"

"A-Ahh.. I was just curious and I get really nervous around new people."

"Curious about what?" Eli hummed as she titled her head. It seems she has found a new friend.

"Well.. your hair.. are you a foreigner?" Nozomi asked.

"Ahh, I'm a quarter Russian. I guess most people would be curious about that as well."

"I see."

"Since you told me about your name out of the blue, I'll say mine. I'm Eli Ayase and I am a criminal justice major."

Uwaa.. she and Yuri have the same major, I wonder if they're classmates.. Nozomi said at the back of her mind before speaking once again, "Do you perhaps know someone named Yuri Imperial?"

"Yeah, she's my classmate." Eli chuckled, "She looks like she gives everyone a cold shoulder but she is actually sweet and friendly."

"Ahhh, she just doesn't know how to express herself." Nozomi giggled.

"I assume you know her as well. By the way, shall we find somewhere else? We are in the library and I don't think chatting like this is applicable here." Eli chuckled.

"S-Sure! But.. you are studying and I bothered you." The purple-haired furrowed her eyebrows.

"It's okay, I can do a research about it at home. I just came here to have a short look about the topic." Eli reassured as she stood up and gathered the books, placing them on the corner, where they should settle the returned books.

Nozomi sooner stood up as well and packed up, "If that's what you said then okay." She smiled.

"Let's go?" Eli returned the smile.

"Sure!"

Meanwhile...

"Say.. Yuri." Umi called out and the taller woman looked over at her,

"Yes, honey?"

"Do you have someone in your class who has blonde hair and a girl?"

"Yes, her name is Eli Ayase. Why do you ask?"

"I believe Nozomi has a crush on her."

Yuri blinked, "That was fast.. Is there anything you want me to do about it?"

"Yes, can you perhaps help me get Nozomi and Eli closer? That woman will not budge unless she gets driven into a corner." The blue-haired girl sighed.

"Well, I befriended Eli back in our class and she said that she would go to the library. I just headed there first to fetch you."

"Hooh? Then, perhaps they had already met. However, I believe things will be awkward for them."

"I hope not. Eli seems to know how to get along with people." Yuri replied.

"Really? Then, that's one thing out of the way."

Yuri smiled at reached out to softly pat Umi's head, "You are focused on this, hmm?"

Umi blushed in embarrassment and looked away, "I-I mean, Nozomi has been shoving me around, telling me how lonely it is without a partner. She was too stubborn about it so I decided to start things off here."

"And this is my first time, knowing that Nozomi gained a crush on someone she just met." Yuri blinked.

"Agreed but if that's where she's happy then we should just support her."

"You're right. Guess love at first sight is a thing." Yuri chuckled.

"Yeah.." Umi smiled as she halted. Both of them didn't realize that Eli and Nozomi were in the second gym, happily chatting and getting to know each other.

The two of them were laughing and it was obvious enough that both of them enjoyed each other's company.

"It sure is a thing." Umi finished.

A/N: Here is the 3rd chapter! Hope you guys liked it! It's short so am sooorryyyy ;-; I had been busy the whole day so I didn't get the time to increase it in length! Votes and comments are deeply appreciated! See you guys next week!