Chapter 4 - Overwhelmed

Days seem to have flown by quickly as if they didn't seem to arrive at all and before Nozomi could realize it, her first week in the university was a successful and peaceful venture. She was feeling giddy all through the day, looking forward for another week of classes.

Nico noticed this as she came by Nozomi's apartment to hang out with her and Umi. She was reading magazines while Umi was busy reading classic literatures. Her eyebrow would raise upon seeing Nozomi happily using her phone with her thumbs typing something away. It seems she was chatting with someone.

"You look... weirdly happy." Nico decided to break the ice as the purple-haired looked over at Nico,

"Really? I think I'm acting like the usual." She answered.

Umi sighed as she closed her book before eyeing Nozomi and speaking,

"You're talking to that blonde?"

"Blonde? You mean Eli?" Nico asked Umi, who nodded,

The blue-haired scooted closer to whisper on the raven-haired's ear lowly yet audibly for the both of them,

"She started being like that ever since she saw Eli on the first day of school. I tried convincing her that she had gained a crush but she kept denying it."

Nico hummed, "I see, but oh boy that was fast. You mean Nozomi saw Eli back before we had lunch together?"

"It seemed so."

"Heeeey! It wasn't like that at all! I was just curious about her and I had wanted to be her friend!" Nozomi reasoned out while keeping her goofy smile plastered on her face.

"That face says otherwise." Nico gave Nozomi a deadpan as she placed her magazine on the table before moving besides Nozomi, peeking through her phone, "Who are you talking to?"

Nozomi quickly dragged her hand, which was holding the phone, away, "No one. I was browsing the net."

However, Umi managed to snatch it from Nozomi's other side and looked into it,

"You were chatting with Eli. That tells the way you smile earlier. Guess your conversations with her looked shameless."

"Jeez, Umichi! Give it back!" Nozomi immediately went and grabbed her phone from the blue-haired's grasp, "And so what if I was chatting her right now?! I was just sending her playful messages as my way of making her comfortable!"

"Those look like flirtatious ones to me." Umi furrowed her eyebrows.

"Those are playful and friendly ones!"

"Does "You know you should get arrested for stealing my heart!" sound like playful and friendly?" Umi made sure to slightly raise her tone on the "and" to add emphasis.

"That sounds cheesy as hell, oh my god." Nico rolled her eyes, making Nozomi blush in embarrassment,

"Well, at least I don't get all too clingy unlike someone here." The purple-haired responded, obviously referring to Nico.

"What did you just say?!" Nico retorted.

Umi sighed and took out her phone to check on something, receiving a new text message:

"I'm here! Open the door, girls! Open sesame! Hazel-fucking-tine has arrived!" Is what it says.

The blue-haired groaned as she stood up, "Hazeltine's here."

Nozomi and Nico turned to look at her,

"Finally! We can freely stalk on the doms!~" The purple-haired joked.