Chapter 6 - Sweetened (Part 2)

Eli and Nozomi headed straight to the movie theater as the first location of their date. It sounded too cheesy but Nozomi doesn't seem to mind, based on how her eyes are glimmering when she looked around the theater, seeming to look for a movie she wants to watch, with the blonde observing her with a gentle smile plastered on her face.

Didn't know she could be this cute. Eli had thought as she followed around until her date finally found a movie.

"There! I want to watch that movie, Elichi!" Nozomi said as she pointed at a romantic movie while she looked over at the blonde, who just simply nodded as a response.

Usual picks, it seems Cobalt was right about this. The blonde hummed before speaking,

"Let's go to the counter for the movie tickets."

"Sure!" The purple-haired said before the two of them went up to the line. Although, that caused Nozomi to allow her hand to creep up and gently held onto Eli's.

The maneuver surprised the taller woman, her eyes widening and looking over at their hands then at Nozomi, who seemed to notice her astonishment,

"It's for formality. This is a Valentine's date you know." She reasoned, even though deep inside, she was squealing as she savored the softness of Eli's hand. One could see all those flowers sprouting around her if they could actually show up.

The quarter-Russian girl blinked at this little discovery—is that really necessary? She wondered. Which reminds her of what Yuri told her:

I guess I should follow the procedures to make this date a day well spent. Without hesitation, Eli pulled her hand and wrapped her arm around Nozomi's waist, pulling her close to her.

"Wha-" Nozomi froze up as a purely visible blush spread across her cheeks before eyeing Eli in disbelief.

"I'm sorry, I thought I should do this as a formality as well since it is a Valentine's date." The blonde chuckled, "Is it making you uncomfortable?"

"O-Oh no! N-Not at all!" Nozomi stuttered but it is certainly a clear answer. She didn't expect for the other to be this bold and here, she assumed that Eli doesn't have that dating experience based on those independent life stories she had once told her.

"Are you sure? You're getting red." The blonde raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

"I'm fine! Don't worry!" Nozomi raised her voice a bit out of nervousness but she had to squeeze in a small amount of confidence in it.

"Alright then." Eli smiled, relieved that the shorter woman doesn't seem to mind.

It was until a few more moments later, they finally bought their tickets and snacks. They headed towards their designated cinema hall and sat down on the mid-level seats, where they could perfectly see the entire screen.

And during the movie, Eli would close her eyes halfway out of drowsiness, which she was trying to fight ever since the middle part of the film. This romantic movie is something she would be into if she were still a high school student but things had changed to the point that not even these kinds of things pique her interests anymore.

Nozomi, on the other hand, was sitting there in anticipation while she would grab a small amount of popcorn and put it in her mouth, delighted of its taste, she giggled.

The blonde diverted her attention towards the other, "You love romantic movies?"

"Mhm," Nozomi answered, "though, I wasn't this excited to watch them back in high school. I guess you could say that I am beginning to deeply appreciate them now since you are here."

Eli blushed a bit before she looked away, "I see.."

Nozomi crept up her hand once again and held Eli's as she looked over at her with a soft grin,

"It is just the start of our date and I could already feel my heart fluttering with so much contentment."

The blonde froze when she felt that warm and simple touch once again that made her look back at the purple-haired. She could feel it. She could feel her heart pounding loudly that it would certainly jump out of her chest if it weren't for her ribcage.

However, Eli doesn't know how to respond to this and the way this is causing distraction to her, she decided to shrug it off and focus on today. Personal matters can wait.

They stared at each other's eyes for a while before Nozomi decided to look back at the screen after getting a good feel of her pacing heart. It is also because of the fact that she became too nervous.

"Let's enjoy the movie.." Nozomi said.

Eli blinked as she noticed that Nozomi's face is getting redder, but she went back to look at the screen, with an answer:

"Sure.."

Nozomi then scooted closer and rested her head on Eli's shoulder as the movie is starting.

A/N: Heeey guys! Finally two chapters! Hope you guys liked it!