10; date night

I never knew grocery shopping could be so tiring. We are currently in the market because there is no food in the house, how you may ask? I don't know.

I never seen a cart so filled up, not only that but we have two carts.

"Okay milk is the last think on the list."

We make our way to the milk aisle then going in line I notice people looking at us and staring like damn never seen a mother and her kids in the grocery store.

"Guess people don't know how to mind they business." I say loud enough for the everyone around us to hear.

The cashier starts ringing our things up when this old ass white lady whose decaying as we stand in this line decides to say something.

"Do you want me to pay for that? I wouldn't want you to embarrass yourself in front of all these beautiful kids using your ebt."

If I slap her old ass then what? "What's wrong with ebt?" I start getting defensive cause growing up I was eating good off that ebt card.

"Nothing. I know your people use it alot." What is wrong with her old ass I simply say no then turns around minding my business.

"Hey little girl where's your mommy? Did this lady take you?" I look over to her and she's talking to Clare. "That is my mom..." She trails off "But you're white and she's bl-" I cut her off

"I was trying to be nice but now you're bringing my kids into your racist antics. Lady mind your fucking business and stay in your lane." I say as I pull out my BLACK CARD winking at her. "Imagine thinking every black person uses ebt." That was my last words as we make our way home.

• • •

As I put my heels on the doorbell rings not even a second later I hear multiple footsteps running down the steps.

I laugh to myself leaving out my room.

Walking into the living I see the Leo playing with Kaelyn as the rest of the sit on the couch looking up at them.

I take in his appearance he's in a nice ass suit that looks tailored.

He puts Kaelyn down from spinning her and take in my appearance.

"Wow. You look beautiful. Very beautiful." I blush at his words "Thank you. You look very handsome." I smile at him. I see his face get red. "Thank you" He rubs the back of his neck.

"Remember guys 11pm no later." The kids say while pushing us out the door.

"Ready for our date?" He ask holding out his hand I take it nodding.

• • •

We talked the whole ride surprisingly. I am pretty bad at conversations. I'm pretty sure we won't have nothing to talk about at dinner since we told our whole life story already.

Speaking of dinner damn this place nice.

Walking into restaurant I see guys looking at me like I know I good but can't you see i'm on a date, have some manners.

I think Leo seen everybody looking at me cause he put his hand on the small of my back leading me to the desk.

"Name?" The man ask

"Rossi" Leo says in a Italian accent well damn.
Sailor Rossi, nice right?

"And you ma'am?" He asked "I'm with him." I smile.

I feel Leo hand go from my back to my waist and can I just say butterflies.

The guy leads us to a table once we're seated he walks away.

"Baby you are getting a lot stares. I'm lucky to be on a date with you."

I feel my heart rate pick up. What does he think this is? Just dropping the baby word on me like that. I feel like I'm going to faint.

"Same. The ladies can't take their eyes off you." I let out a chuckle "But I can't take my eyes off you."

That little smooth comment caused my heart to beat out my chest.

• • •

"So how did you get the kiddos?" He ask as our food arrives.

"It's kinda crazy. So-." I told him about everything from the beginning.

"Woah how can someone just leave their kids like that?" I nod quickly "That's what i'm saying."

"It's good that you decided to adopt them and raise them as your own. If you don't mind me asking do you want kids in the future? Like your own?" I take time to think about it.

"I would like one with my future husband. Just to see what our genes can create." I laugh and so does he.

The rest of the night we talked about random things including what would we name our baby.

This has literally been the best date I ever had.

Once I got home I gossips with my daughters, yup, you heard right. They so damn nosey but I love them to the moon and back.

And he did bring me back at 11pm, Cole was standing at the door waiting for me like a dad.

h-hey guys🧍🏾‍♀️ how y'all doing? I'm updating so don't beat me up y'all.

I already got another part written up in drafts so let me know when y'all want me to drop. y'all probably gonna say right now 😑