ch1 zero two

[warning: knife]

authors pov

7:00 AM MUSTAFA, JAPAN

"zero two. aren't you excited? you finally get to go to ua," a woman, in a blazer and a pencil skirt, says to her. zero two scoffs and licks her hand. she cringes at the taste.

"i don't like my taste,"

"maybe when we get you to your fathers house, you can take a shower?"

"huh," zero two looks out the plane window and smiles at little. she has never been to japan before. well she did, but we don't talk about that. she loves the look of the [favorite color] sakura trees and the look of the city.

'i wonder if father is excited?' she thinks, while playing with butterfly knife, which has been given to her. her father doesn't like her playing with it but he allows it nevertheless. 'i wonder if he's excited that i'm coming back? it has been twelve months,'

it's been ten months since zero two went to america, to train under christopher skyline, one of america's greatest heroes, one of toshinori's good friends. she went there to get some discipline, but it never worked out, so toshinori just decided to bring her back to japan. and thought that it would be better if she went to ua and was always under his watch.

~

"young zero two!" toshinori shouts, opening his arms wide open, ready to hug his daughter.

"hey dad!" she says, hugging him. "how was the year away from me?" she teases.

"the worst. but i have something to talk to you about when we get home,"

"yes. please take me home. i don't like my taste. i need to shower," she cringes. he laughs at her behaviour knowing she's been like this since she was a child.

"okay zero two. but you need to listen when i tell you about my successor," he says, being serious getting into the driving seat of his car. zero two gets into the passenger seat.

"i thought it was going to be me," zero two whines.

"zero two. i gave him my quirk over a year ago. you know this," toshinori says, not taking his eyes of the road.

"i know. i know. don't worry dad," zero two says, looking out the window to see the scenery. zero two wanted to be toshinori's successor but she was still out of control at that time. she's curious of the person who took her place.

'izuku midoriya...i wonder what you're like,'