chapter iv

CHAPTER iv.
"faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe" - volitair

2012

"WINNIE, IS THAT YOU DEAR?"

A soft smile appeared on the White girl's face as she calmly took a seat. As she sat down, Winnie reached over and grabbed the woman's hands, giving it a small squeeze for comfort. "Yes, it is, I," Winnie joked, making her laugh.

"You were always one to make me laugh, even when I'm in horrible conditions," she spoke, her voice slow and slightly dry. No matter how she was feeling, she was always able to get Winnie to smile but right now, the White girl wasn't sure how to act and she notice of that too. "What is it dear?"

The White girl took in a deep breath, looking down at their joint hands before looking back up at her. "He came back," Winnie whispered.

Immediately, her facial expression changed, her eyes glossing over with tears and a weak, toothy grin formed on her face. "H-he came ba-back?" she asked, her voice breaking.

Winnie nodded profusely, also starting to get a little teary-eyed from how emotional it was. "Yes, he came back to us."

The woman broke out in a joyful sob, overly-emotional at the moment. Her hand flew to her mouth, trying to muffle the soft cries of happiness. Seventy years she had waited. Seventy years. But he kept his word, he came back.

"Would you like to see him?" Winnie asked carefully.

"Please, dear."

Winnie gave her a smile before letting go of her hand and stepping out of the room to go retrieve him. She told him that he had to go easy on her due to her weak body which he accepted before the two of them re-entered the room together.

He wasn't sure what to expect. At first, when Winnie had told him she was still alive he felt overjoyed and glad until it slowly sunk in that she probably would have moved on and the two would never be together but he pushed that thought aside, just wanting to see her.

Time felt like it slowed for him as he walked in the door. It had only been a couple of hours for him but for her, it had been decades. She looked a lot different from the last time he had seen her, not that he was surprised since it had been seventy years, after all, however, she still kept her beautiful looks and gorgeous brown eyes.

Tears were starting to form up in his eyes as he slowly walked over towards her, his heart racing in his chest. He tried to ignore his bubbly-nerves that begging to be itched, wanting to keep all his attention on her.

Winnie stood at the doorway, allowing to two to reunite. She was glad that she could be there to watch. A tight-lip smile tugged on her lips as she watched their reunion, both of them ever so emotional despite what happened.