epilogue

EPILOGUE.

italics = flashback

two weeks later...

WINNIE KEPT HER HEAD HIGH, HER HEELS CLICKING AGAINST THE FLOOR. Despite her feelings, she refused to show any sort of heartache on her face so instead, she walked around the halls of the government building with a stone-cold bitch face. Two police officers escorted her, keeping her in check.

"You ready to become an Avenger again, White?" Tony asked as he tried to keep up with her speed. His arm was in a bandage and he had a severely bad black eye on his face. 

"Well, it does beat being in a cell for every waking second," Winnie sighed as they reached the door. "So yeah, I am damn ready to do this."

"You will be placed in here, White," Ross explained as he led her through vast hallways that almost felt like some big maze.

She was changed out of her suit and instead was sporting off some... attractive blue clothes that hung loosely on her body. Her hands and ankles were cuffed together, both of which were attached to one another by a chain.

"I wasn't aware that you had your own miniature version of the Glade, Ross," Winnie joked, referencing to one of her favourite book series. "I do hope that Thomas Brodie Sangster is inside here. That'll make the whole thing a lot more like home."

Ross sent a glare her way, mentally telling her to 'shut up before he got someone to tase her because he has that power'. Rolling her eyes, Winnie begrudgingly walked through the large and high-security door.

When Winnie entered the room, all the eyes went on her. Each of them looked at her with a mix of confusion and shock, which to be honest, didn't surprise Winnie. However, it did make her feel like she was a little girl again who had present at the front of the school's assembly.

Looking down at her feet to avoid eye contact, Winnie quickly made her way into her designated cell which was right beside Sam's. It was a small thing. Just a bed and a toilet but it had no privacy whatsoever making it a lot worse than it was.

Once her cuffs were off, she gradually made her way to the small bed the was allowed and sat down on it. Her leg bounced up and down in distress as she tried to calm her nerves. As much as she knew it wouldn't happen, Winnie wished that no one would ask her how they got her or what happened to Bucky and Steve.

"Winnie," Sam called. "Winnie, how'd they catch you?"

Yep. Knew that wouldn't happen.

Winnie went to answer but before she could, Ross cut her off. "I'll tell you how, Wilson. We got an anonymous tip that the three of them were gonna be in Siberia. When we got there, we found little old White unconscious on the cold floor. She was left, all alone by her comrades." Ross tutted for extra effect, walking over towards her cell. "How pitiful, don't you think?"