chapter x

CHAPTER x.
"ʷᵉ ᵃᶜᶜᵉᵖʸ ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʷᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏ ʷᵉ ᵈᵉˢᵉʳᵛᵉ" ˢᵗᵉᵖʰᵉⁿ ᶜʰᵇᵒˢᵏʸ

2016

2016

A HEAVY SILENCE FILLED THE AIR. No one wanted to say anything, hell, no one knew what to say even if they did want to speak. The events of what happened just minutes prior were too much for them all, even Bucky who didn't have an emotional attachment to any of the people there.

Winnie rubbed her damaged hand with her other. The claw marks were still there and she didn't expect them to go away any time soon. Vibranium was like her kryptonite, except of course she would still come back after death. It would damage her a lot worse than any other metals and she never fully understood why. She just assumed it was because vibranium was the strongest metal on earth and all.

Steve continued to fly the jet, not daring to look back at his oldest friends. He thought about what the kid had told him back in the airport, the words circling his mind. Now that he thought about it, he had the same mindset as everyone he had ever fought.

He believed he was right even others believed he was wrong. That made him dangerous. 

And Bucky? Well, he seemed to be in a worse state than the day he was captured. Guilt was eating him alive. Not just because of what happened today but also because he heard the conversation between Winnie and Tony.

She had promised his mother that she wouldn't let anything happen to him, that she would protect him. But Winnie had broken Maria's promise in order to help him. And to make it all worse, he was keeping what truly happened that night that the Starks died from her.

All of this was like some sick and twisted game. It was like they were in a real-life version of SAW but more superhero-y than gruesome of course.

"What's going to happen to your friends?" Bucky asked breaking the silence. His voice was strained and it showed the pain that he was feeling.

Steve exhaled heavy heartedly out loud, shaking his head. "Whatever it is... Winnie and I'll deal with it."

At the mention of her name, Winnie turned her head to give Bucky a soft yet sad smile. "You don't have to worry, Bucky. Like, Steve said, we'll deal with it."