chapter xi

CHAPTER xi.
"ʳᵉᵛᵉⁿᵍᵉ ⁱˢ ᵃⁿ ᵃᶜᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵖᵃˢˢⁱᵒⁿ; ᵛᵉⁿᵍᵉᵃⁿᶜᵉ ᵒᶠ ʲᵘˢᵗⁱᶜᵉ. ⁱⁿʲᵘʳⁱᵉᵈ ᵃʳᵉ ʳᵉᵛᵉⁿᵍᵉᵈ; ᶜʳⁱᵐᵉˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᵛᵉⁿᵍᵉᵈ" ˢᵃᵐᵘᵉˡ ʲᵒʰⁿˢᵒⁿ

 ⁱⁿʲᵘʳⁱᵉᵈ ᵃʳᵉ ʳᵉᵛᵉⁿᵍᵉᵈ; ᶜʳⁱᵐᵉˢ ᵃʳᵉ ᵃᵛᵉⁿᵍᵉᵈ" ˢᵃᵐᵘᵉˡ ʲᵒʰⁿˢᵒⁿ

2016

"YOU REMEMBER THAT TIME WE HAD TO RIDE BACK FROM ROCKAWAY BEACH IN THE BACK OF THAT FREEZER TRUCK?"

It didn't take them long to land in Siberia. Steve landed the Quinjet nearby a rusty truck that couldn't have gotten there long for the tracks were still new. Bucky had taken one of Natasha's guns, Steve had his shield and Winnie, well she stole one of Tony's power rectors.

What? If she was going up against some super-soldiers, it would be efficient to have something that could take them from a long distance; not just her fists.

"Was that the time that we used our train money to buy hot dogs?" Bucky asked, a wide grin on his face.

Steve looked over at him, giving him a 'that was so not what happened and you know it kind of' look. "You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead."

"What was her name again?"

"Dolores. You called her, 'Dot'."

Hearing her name, Winnie could feel her stomach tightening with disgust and hatred. Don't get her wrong, before she and Bucky got together, there were other girlfriends and she would always try to be nice to them but a lot of the time they were just two-faced bitches who only liked Bucky for his looks.

Dolores was one of those people.

"God I hated that bitch," Winnie muttered under her breath. Both Bucky and Steve glanced over at her with confused expressions on their faces. "What? She only pretended to like Steve and me so she could get with you."

Bucky let out a little chuckle, narrowing his eyes at her. "Were you jealous, Wins?"

"Ha, no- well, maybe a little bit..." she confessed. When she heard them try to cover up their laughs, Winnie threw her hands up into the air in exasperation. "Oh, come on! You both knew I liked you, I mean, I didn't do much to try hide my feelings."

The Barnes boy locked eyes with Winnie, giving her a sly wink which made her cheeks flare red. After their 'little' moment of intimacy, they agreed to take it one step at a time. Although they were doing this, it didn't stop Bucky from flirting with the girl who seemed to be in a constant state of fluster.

For both of them, it felt like things were back to the way they used to be - adding on the fact that they were about a hundred years old, they were running from the government, Winnie had just betrayed half of the Avengers and Bucky had gone through so much trauma that he would need therapy. But apart from that it was like things never changed.