Prologue

~3rd Person P.O.V~

A huge crowd of people stood, yelling, screaming, while guards stood in front of them.

Wicked guards.

The Flare was happening. The sun scorched their world, and they weren't gonna live much longer. They all knew that.

In the middle of the crowd, a woman, who looked to be about early forties, was walking through the crowd of people, trying to make it to the front.

Two little kids were held in her arms. A boy and a girl.

The siblings.

The boy had dark hair and brown eyes, while the girls features were h/c hair and e/c eyes.

The brother and sister were holding hands tightly, both resting their chins on their mother's shoulders.

Once they made it to the front, the mother set her kids down in front of her, looking at them boy, as the boy wrapped his arms around his baby sister, keeping her close to him.

"Remember... I love you both." Their mother said.

Both children had frowns on their faces, tears pooling in their eyes.

A couple feet away, two Wicked guards were walking towards the small family.

The mother turned to the boy, "Take care of you sister. Keep her safe."

The boy nodded, holding his sister more tightly, as she leaned into her brother more.

"I love you, Thomas, Y/n." She said.

The mother smiled at her children one last time, before the boy was being picked up and taken away from his mother and sister.

"Mom! Y/n!" He cried, reaching his arm out to them.

"Thomas!" The girl cried for her brother, before she was lifted up, and being taken away from her mother. "Mom!"

Their mother sat on her knees, smiling at her daughter, her hands up.

"Mom!"

~

Now in a train, the siblings sat beside each other. The brother had his arms wrapped around his baby sister, holding her tight.

The girl glanced around, seeing Wicked guards sitting around them, as other kids sat in the train with them, a couple feet away.

She met the blue eyes of a boy. A boy that had now had her interest. They both looked at each other with a blank expression.

"Y/n..." A voice spoke up.

The girl turned her head to the voice, seeing Ava Paige there, in front of her, her hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay."

Ava leaned back in her seat, keeping her eyes on the girl, while smiling softly.