Chapter 8: Brenda and Jorge

~Y/n P.O.V.~

Next thing we knew, we were hanging by our feet in front of a giant hole.

"Good plan, Thomas. "Just hear what the man has to say." Really working out for us." Minho spoke up, making a sarcastic comment.

Thomas scoffed, grumbling under his breath, "Shut up, Minho." Then he tried grabbing at the rope that was tied on our ankles. "Maybe I can reach the rope."

After a couple more seconds, he gave up, sighing in frusteration.

"Enjoying the view?" Jorge spoke up, walking into the room we were in.

"What the hell do you want?" I questioned, irritated.

"That is the question. My men want to sell you back to Wicked. Life has taught them to think small. I'm not like that. Something tells me that you're not either." The older man says.

"Is the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho sarcastically said.

Jorge ignored him, looking at my brother, "Tell me what you know about the Right Arm."

"I thought you said they were ghosts." Newt reminded.

"I happen to believe in ghosts. Especially when I hear them chattering on the airwaves." He walked towards a lever, laying his hand on it. "You tell me what you know, and maybe we can make a deal."

"We don't know much." Thomas shrugged.

Clearly, Jorge didn't like that answer. He pushed the lever down, making us drop a foot. We grunted as Thomas yelled out, giving in.

"Okay! Okay, alright. They're hiding in the mountains. And they attacked Wicked. They got out a bunch of kids. That's it. That's all we know." Thomas put his hands up in surrender, answering the truth.

Jorge walked forward, opening his mouth to speak, but someone else beat him to it.

"Yo, Jorge." I looked to the voice, seeing a bald, bigger man walking in. "What's going on?"

"Me and my friends were just getting acquainted. We're done now." Jorge answered before walking away.

"Hey, wait." Thomas stopped him before he could leave fully. "You're not gonna help us?"

"Don't worry, hermano. We'll get you back to where you belong. Hang tight." And with that, he left the room.

~

We came up with a plan to free ourselves. Thomas had pushed me towards Minho, so then Minho would push me to the lever, considering I was closest. Finally, Minho pushed me towards it, but not hard enough.

We all groaned in frustration that I wasn't able to reach it. Minho pushed again, but once again, I couldn't reach.

"Come on, Minho. Push her harder!" Newt encouraged.

Minho grabbed me by my waist again, "This is it. One... two... three!" He pushed much stronger, making me finally grab onto the railing.

Everyone cheered, words leaving their mouths like "yes." I turned myself up right, reaching for the lever.

"Y/n, hurry!" Thomas exclaimed.

Finally, I pulled the lever, setting everyone, including myself down more than a foot. I turned around to sit on my butt, untying the rope from my ankles before helping Teresa up, untying her rope.

As I was helping Thomas and Teresa was helping Newt, a whirring sound of a helicopter outside the building was heard, before a familiar voice spoke up.