Chapter 10: Marcus

~Y/n P.O.V.~

We made it out of the broken and abandoned building. Currently, we were walking down an alley as I saw Brenda stop and sit on the ground.

"You alright?" I questioned.

I watched as she rolled up her pant leg, revealing a bite.

A Crank bite.

"Shit." She breathed out.

"Brenda..." I trailed off.

"Yeah, yeah. I know." She brushed it off, wrapping something around it. She stood to her feet, now walking again. "Let's just go find Marcus."

We walked through a small town, walking near a building where many people were at. There were many people in this small town.

"Are you sure this is the place?" I ask and got no answer, just a glance.

"You here for the party?" A feminine voice spoke behind us.

We turned around, seeing a blonde woman in an orange dress with lots of jewelry, and makeup on her features. Her long blonde hair was up in a messy pontail.

"Uh, no. We're looking for Marcus. This is his place, isn't it?" Brenda questioned.

"This is my place." A male voice spoke.

We turned, seeing a blonde man in a suit, not neatly done with jewelry, as well. I felt the woman touch my shoulder as she led us to him.

"Are you Marcus?" I ask.

"Marcus doesn't live her anymore." The man said. I could see he hesitated at first.

"Do you know where we can find him?" Brenda asked.

As we were talking, I could feel the woman stroking my shoulder weirdly, making me very uncomfortable.

"Sure, sure." The man nodded. "He's over in Zone B."

"Okay. What's Zone B?" I question.

"It's where they burn the bodies." The woman whispered seductively.

I glanced at her, then the man, walking forwards a little. "Okay, look, has anyone else been by here... looking for him? Group of kids around our age? They had a girl with them. Dark hair."

"You know..." He touched his forehead like he was thinking. "I think they might be inside. Here." He took a bottle of liquid from his jacket, holding it out to me. "Drink this."

I looked down at it suspiciously. "What is it?"

"The price of admission." He answered.

As I continued to stare at it, contemplating if I should drink it or not, the woman continued touching my shoulder weirdly, but I ignored that.

"Drink it!" He exclaimed in frustration.

Brenda grabbed it from his hands, taking a gulp, making her cough slightly once she finished. The man giggled a little, then looking at me.

"Your turn."

Reluctantly, I took it from Brenda, examining the strange green liquid, then finally taking a sip. But that didn't happen, because the woman lifted it up more, making me gulp lots of it. Finally, she took it away as I coughed.

The man had walked behind us, wrapping his arms around our shoulders, shaking us slightly. "Alright. You two, enjoy the party." He then pushed us in.

Once we got in, music was playing everywhere and many people were dancing through a crowd, some grinding against each other.

"Maybe we should split up." Brenda turned to me. "See if we can find the others." I nodded, turning to search for the others, but she stopped me. "Hey. Don't drink anything else."