Chapter 2: Y/n!

~Minho P.O.V.~

I sat in the cafeteria with Thomas, Newt, Winston, Frypan, and two other boys who were telling us about this place and how they got here. I still couldn't believe there were other mazes. I hadn't seen Y/n since her and Teresa had been separated from us.

Thomas kept looking around for her. I mean, I wouldn't blame him. They are siblings. I was just as worried. I mean, she's my best friend. 

"And there was this big, loud explosion, and these guys came out of nowhere. Started shooting up the place." One of the boys finished.

"It was intense." The other boy commented.

"They pulled us out of the maze and brought us here." The other informed.

"What about the rest?" Newt spoke up. "The other people left behind in the maze, what happened to them?"

One of them shrugged, "I don't know. I guess Wicked still has them."

"How long you guys been here?" Thomas questioned.

"Not long. Just a day or two. That kid over there has been here the longest." He looked over his shoulder, as we followed his gaze, seeing a boy with his hood up who sat all by himself, avoiding everyone's gazes. "Almost a week."

"His maze was nothing but girls." The other boy said.

I looked at him, "Really?"

The other one shrugged, smirking a little, "Some guys have all the luck."

Just then, a familiar voice spoke up.

"Good evening, gentlemen. Ladies." It was Janson. "You all know how this works. If you hear your name called... please rise in an orderly fashion, join my colleagues behind me... where they will escort you to the eastern wing. Your new lives are about to begin."

Then, he started calling peoples name.

"Connor. Evelyn. Justin. Peter. Allison. Squiggy." Everyone laughed. "Alright. Settle down. Franklin. And Abigail." Everyone who wasn't picked groaned, unhappy. "Now, now, don't get discouraged. If I could take more, I would. There's always tomorrow. Your time will come. Go on, eat up." And with that, Janson started walking, following the group of kids through some doors.

"Where are they going?" I asked the two.

"Far from here. Lucky bastards." One of them answered.

They turned back to us as the other one spoke, "Some kind of farm. A safe place. They can only take in a couple at a time."

"What the hell?" I heard Thomas mumbled.

Then, he stood up to his feet, quickly walking somewhere. I followed his gaze, seeing Y/n on the other side of the window, walking by, looking down at her feet.

"Hey, Y/n?" Thomas exclaimed, trying to get to his sister. "Y/n!"

~

~Thomas P.O.V.~

My feet leaded me to where I could maybe meet Y/n. My gaze stayed on her as I shouted her name one last time.

"Y/n!"

She turned to look at me, right as she disappeared from my view. I could see the small fear in her eyes when they met mine for a split second. As I was trying to get past a door to get to my baby sister, a hand stopped me.

"Hey, hey, hey." A man said.

"Where are they taking her?" I asked, wanting to get to my sister.

"They just have to run a few more tests. Don't worry, they'll be done with her soon." The man answered, but I don't think I really bought it.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"She's fine." He reluctantly answered.

~

They led us to our room, where Minho instantly called the top bunk before Frypan could.

"I got top bunk."

"Too slow."

Winston laid down in his bed, getting comfy, a smile on his face. "I could get used to this."

"Yeah. It's not bad." Newt glanced around, before a slam was heard behind us, then a lock.

We were locked in.

"Hey, what do you think those guys want with Y/n?" I asked Newt, worried about my baby sister.

"Now, if there's one thing I know about that girl, she can take care of herself. Teresa, too." He assured.

I completely forgot about Teresa. The only person she ever talked to was Y/n out of the rest of us. I wouldn't blame her. Surrounded by all these guys, except for another girl. Plus, I'm pretty sure the two of them had a connection or were best friends before the maze.

"Don't worry about it." Then Newt climbed up the ladder to the top bunk, leaving me with the bottom.

~

I hadn't been able to sleep.

I was too worried about Y/n. I mean, she's my little sister. Baby sister, in fact. All I wanted was for her to be in my arms, like we use to do when we were kids. That was always in my memories back in the Glade.

As I laid on my back on the bed, I heard noises coming from underneath the bed, making me furrow my brows, sitting up.

"Psst." I heard someone whisper. "Hey. Down here." They whispered again as I looked around.

I crawled on my stomach, looking under the bed, seeing that kid that sat in the cafeteria alone. Half his body was in a vent.

"Oh, my god." I muttered as he put a finger to his lips.

"Come on. Follow me." He started crawling away.

"What?" I tilted my head at him, still looking upside down.

Reluctantly, I followed him into the vent. We turned many corners. As I was turning another one, I saw him crouching down, looking through the vent at something. He looked up, seeing I wasn't moving.

"Come here." I crawled over to him, crouching in front of him. "Watch."

I looked down at what he was looking at, a doctor revealing herself, walking under the vent we were in. She looked familiar. As I kept examining her, I realized it's the doctor who Y/n was with earlier.

Then, people came through, pushing tables towards the doctor. A diagram of a human body was playing on a small screen that laid on it, while the table was covered up, no doubt there were bodies under them. The doctor used a keycard to open the door, moving to the side for the other doctors to push the tables through, before following them, the doors closing once inside.

"What the hell was that?" I spoke up.

"They bring in new ones every night like clockwork." The boy answered.

"You know what they do with them?" I asked.

He shook his head, "I don't know. This is as far as I've ever gotten. The vents don't even go into that section. But once they got through that door, they don't come back out. I don't think anybody ever really leaves this place." He glanced around, "Come on. We've gotta go before somebody notices we're gone."

He starts crawling away, but I stopped him.

"Why did you show me this?"

"Because maybe the others will listen to you. There's something weird going on here. And I know you think so too." He started crawling away again.

"Hey, wait." He turned to face me. "What's your name?"

"Aris." And that was all before he left.

I crawled back to my room, laying on my bed. I was determined to get us out of here. If they're not who they say they are, then I need to keep Y/n safe.