Chapter 11: The Right Arm

~Y/n P.O.V.~

It turns out that Bertha was a car. Jorge drove as Newt sat in the passenger seat. Aris, Minho, and I sat in-between everyone as the rest sat in the very back. Minho had an arm wrapped around me as I rested my head on his shoulder. Jorge and Newt glanced back at all of us. The blonde held a bright smile on his face, making me smile.

After minutes, we stopped on an abandoned road, mountains all around. Jorge got out, everyone else following. We all walked in front of the car, seeing abandoned vehicles blocking our way.

"Well, I guess we're on foot." Jorge broke the silence.

We all walked around, searching in the cars for anything we might need on our way to the Right Arm. Teresa stayed close to me, and I didn't mind. A couple times, I could see Brenda glancing at me. We hadn't talked since the party. Since we were practically drunk.

Since we kissed.

When we had pulled apart, and I saw Gally... I thought he was there. I thought I was kissing him instead of Brenda. But her lips didn't feel like his. When I saw him there, I completely forgot about what happened... when we escaped the maze.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I was pulled behind a car as a gunshot ran through the air. I glanced and saw Teresa holding onto my arm tightly, staring at me with wide eyes. I put my hand on hers, squeezing gently. She still kept her grip on me, though.

"Hey, is everyone okay out there?" Thomas called out. 

"We're fine." Teresa assured him.

"Y/n?" Thomas called back. I could hear the panic in his voice.

"I-I'm okay." I called.

"Anyone know where those bloody shots came from?" Newt called out this time.

None of us answered. Being the curious person I was, I slowly crouched to my feet, peaking over the vehicle, searching if I could fine anyone.

"Y/n!" Teresa whisper-yelled, tugging on my arm.

I ignored her, squeezing her hand again as I continued peaking out. Suddenly, a bullet hit a couple meters in front of me, making me duck back down as Teresa wrapped her arms around me tightly.

Just then, Jorge called out. "Everybody! Get set to sprint back to the truck! And hold your ears!"

After a couple seconds, we got in stance to run, but a feminine voice spoke out. "Drop it. Now! I said drop it!"

We all turned our heads to the voice. I caught a glimpse of two heads standing behind the vehicle Jorge and Thomas were hiding behind.

"On your feet. Let's go." The female commanded. "Let's go! Move! Back up!"

We watched as the two females aimed their guns at Thomas and Jorge. Both held masks on their faces, hiding the bottom half. As the black haired girl turned to Minho and Newt, the blonde turned to Teresa, Brenda, Frypan, Aris, and I.

"Come on, let's go." She ordered.

We obeyed, standing up, holding our arms in surrender. Teresa kept close to me, kinda like she was standing in front of me protectively.

"Aris?" The one girl suddenly spoke.

We all stared at the said boy as he stared at the girl. She lifted her mask down, revealing the rest of her face.

"Oh, my god. Harriet?" Aris walked forward.

The girl, Harriet, wrapped her arms around Aris' shoulders. "What the hell are you doing here?"